stefan71056
Setup and administration problems
  • 2005/6/21 12:57

• stefan71056

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

Hi all

A few days ago I updated my ZoneAlarm to the latest release and I have no idea if this site or it's CMS was effected by this problem before this update.

In any case a couple of days ago I decided to try XOOPS ... the install worked perfect and all was setup just fine on website. .... But then, big trouble, no way of getting in as administrator!

So what does one do ... read read read, nothing, nothing nothing .... so I ried registrating here at this site to see if someone could help me with my personal problem .... no, no, no, .... the registration here didn't work either, just af if I didn't exist on the net or had no rights to be on the web.

So, I tried my last hope, deinstalled it all again for the .....th time and installed the version offered at my website, thinking this MUST work! .... BUT .... no admin!

So having tried it all, I tried switching off ZoneAlarm .....

.... The rest of the story is cleasr to all. My XOOPS is running perfectly and I'm a member on this site!

I have no idea if this info will serve anyone, but maybe the developers of XOOPS may find a way around this problem and win a lot of new members (that can't become members thanks to ZoneAlarm) or give them a chance to comunicate with the makers of ZoneAlarm.

I from my part will keep on testing this great CMS after having used phpnuke for the past years!

If I stick to it, my donation will follow for sure!

Best Regards
Stefan

Herko
Re: Setup and administration problems
  • 2005/6/21 14:14

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This has been dealt with many many times before in this forum, and in the FAQ See here for example Glad you figured it out tho! The easy solution is to add the XOOPS sites to the trusted sites list of your zonealarm app. At least make HTTP header info available through the firewal.

Herko

stefan71056
Re: Setup and administration problems
  • 2005/6/23 12:21

• stefan71056

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

This is unfortunatly the main reason why I freshed up this topic, The ZoneAlarm version 55_109_000 from about the 17th of June (I'm a registered user of ZoneAlarm) WON'T let XOOPS administration even after the changes (adding to list of trusted sites), where as the older version had no problems. The second reason for my posting is exactly this! ... whats the use of old infos about old versions when we all know how fast all programs are updated. .... And seeing I found NO upto date info on my problem, makes sence in rewritting, the way I solved the problem.

Login

Who's Online

391 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 391

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits