zgb23
newbb2 crash
  • 2005/6/20 21:00

• zgb23

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/20

Hi!
I've got problem with the entire XOOPS site. I've installed newbb1 to newbb2 upgrade today and everything worked just fine....

After few hours site has crashed, I see php code on top of the page, when I log in I can't acess to admin panel, forum, nowhere...

I've made backup of the database before installing forum upgrade, but I hope that somebody can resolve my problem whitout backup...thank you, and sorry on my bad english:)
please help

m0nty
Re: newbb2 crash
  • 2005/6/20 21:26

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ok 1st things 1st..

nobody can help you unless we know a bit more about your setup..

which XOOPS version etc, a link to your site aswell may help.

are there any error messages at all? had anything been done to the site during the few hours before it crashed?

zgb23
  • 2005/6/20 21:59

• zgb23

• Just popping in

site is on intranet so no link avaliable...

XOOPS Version is 2.0.10

Part of code from top of the page:
// change 0 to 1 if this language is a multi-bytes language define("XOOPS_USE_MULTIBYTES", "0"); ?>"0"); ?>lt = $this->db->query($sql)) { return false; } return true; } } ?>} } ?> $group_id)); } /** * updates a single field in a users record * * @param object $user reference to the {@link XoopsUser} object * @param string $fieldName name of the field to update * @param string $fieldValue updated value for the field * @return bool TRUE if success or unchanged, FALSE on failure */ function updateUserByField(&$user, $fieldName, $fieldValue) { $user->setVar($fieldName, $fieldValue); return $this->insertUser($user); } /** * updates a single field in a users record * * @param string $fieldName name of the field to update * @param string $fieldValue updated value for the field * @param object $criteria {@link CriteriaElement} object * @return bool TRUE if success or unchanged, FALSE on failure */ function..

Everything was just fine, I'm only one with administrator rights, site has 20 users..I wasn't at home for few hours and when I've come back...buuum. No any messages from system or something like that..

m0nty
  • 2005/6/20 22:13

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

that's printed on the actual page? it looks like something maybe corrupted? can u try replacing the actual files? don't overwrite mainfile.php tho as that contains your db info etc..

zgb23
  • 2005/6/20 22:16

• zgb23

• Just popping in

yes, it's printed on top of every page!!

replace forum files or files of entire XOOPS?

m0nty
  • 2005/6/20 22:19

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i would try forum files 1st, but if it's printed on top of every page it could be something else.. try disabling the forum completely and see if it still occurs, if it's ok after disabling the forum then it maybe that the forum upgrade didn't go smoothly..

also goto XOOPS syetm preferences / general settings.. and turn on php debug..

zgb23
  • 2005/6/20 22:27

• zgb23

• Just popping in

But I can't access to the administration menu, because of crash..

I'll try to replace files. I thought maybe this is old problem, but looks like it isn't.

Thank you for your help anyway:)

Will_H
  • 2005/6/20 23:44

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I had a similar problem with newbb... i fixed this very easily by using cbb :) not to mention that i found this particualr module cleaner... obviously i mean no offense to the author of newbb, its just my opinion..

also dont ever be afraid of a clean install.. you lose alot of content yes... but isn't it worth it for a un-corrupted database?

zgb23
  • 2005/6/21 12:43

• zgb23

• Just popping in

I've replaced the old files and all is working now..
But one more little thing, at the top of the page (before there was a lot of php code) is just the colse tag for php (?>)..any idea why and how to remove it?

m0nty thank you a lot, you got a virtual beer from me

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits