drinkqixi
user registration problem, md5 encryption missed
  • 2005/6/20 6:29

• drinkqixi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 2

Hi all,
I am new to xoops. Recently installed 2.1.11, and it has brought quite some headaches. One of them is user registration.
After a new user registered, he won't be able to login although he is activated. I checked the database and found the problem. The passwd is not encrypted by md5, meaning saved as plain word. If I manually change the it using md5, there is no problem. I tried to trace down the problem by following the register.php under profile module, but got lost at xoops_gethandler function.

Any suggestion on either how to hack the problem or info about reading XOOPS source is appreciated.

m0nty
Re: user registration problem, md5 encryption missed
  • 2005/6/20 6:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

u could use the search block top right ;)

but i hope you're aware that the word unstable next to the link to download 2.1.1 means it's unstable and is only a beta version that will have many errors..

you'd be better of using a stable version like 2.0.10..

drinkqixi
  • 2005/6/20 20:06

• drinkqixi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 2

I did search the forum. Saw another post having similar problem, but nobody really solved it. Maybe I didn't search with the right keywords, or there is no solution now? :(
I'll try to use a stable version. I guess I can overwrite pretty safely with 2.0.10, right?

Mithrandir

I cannot guarantee that just overwriting 2.1.1 with a full 2.0.10 package will work. Actually I can pretty much guarantee that it will not. The core database layout is changed quite a bit.

The md5() problem has been solved in CVS, updated daily and available through CVS Nightly

Login

Who's Online

520 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 520

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits