nassauer
Restoring website after upgrading the OS
  • 2005/6/17 19:15

• nassauer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/6 1

Hi all,

Thanks for supporting and creating such a great product.

I am somewhat of a beginner, although I have been using XOOPS for my site now for more than a year without much trouble.

However last night I needed to upgrade my system, going from RH 9.0 to Fedora Core 4, and I am trying to restore the site. My O/S installation was an "upgrade", so it left most files in place, and appears it didn't touch my html directory at all, although it upgraded mysql, apache, php, etc. to the latest versions. Now, when I try to access the site, I get:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.
If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in file include/common.php line 72
Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I was wondering if perhaps I need to rebuild the MySQL database or something...in short, I'm a bit lost. I could re-install XOOPS from scratch, but then how would I restore the prior contents of the web site?

Thanks for any help,

William Nassauer
http://www.nassauer.us

Herko
Re: Restoring website after upgrading the OS
  • 2005/6/17 19:20

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Hi,

It could be several things.
1. MySQL users: perhaps the user has changed and the mainfile.php file in your XOOPS site root folder need to be updated to reflect those changes
2. MySQL naming: is it still called localhost or whatever you have in the mainfile.php file
3. database is missing, and that means that the content for your site is missing as well. The XOOPS system doesn't make a backup by itself of the data...

I hope it's 1 or 2...

Herko

nassauer
Re: Restoring website after upgrading the OS
  • 2005/6/18 3:52

• nassauer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/6 1

I'm going to completely start over and re-install a fresh copy of the OS and all the packages. However I want to make sure I have backed up all that I need of the website in order to restore it agian later. You mentioned the MySQL databases--I hadn't thought of that. So I assume I need to back up the following:

1. my html directory
2. /var/lib/mysql/xoops/* (all the databases?)
3. /var/log/httpd (to keep a record of all prior stats)

Am I missing anything else?

I feel stupid for never having thought of this before now...fortunately I haven't had a disk failure.*/

Login

Who's Online

313 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 313

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits