Fastian
Integration With 4images
  • 2005/6/16 10:28

• Fastian

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/6 0

Hi
I hope I m in right forum. (That’s my first Post)

I have installed XOOPS (2.0.10) and 4images (1.7.1) successfully and both of them are working fine. XOOPS is my main site (mydomain.com) and 4images at (images.mydomain.com).

Now I "JUST" want that if a user is registered On XOOPS he/she can login from 4images main page and otherwise( 4images to xoops).
4images and XOOPS use separate database (My SQL).

I Hope I m not looking for something impossible.

m0nty
Re: Integration With 4images
  • 2005/6/16 10:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

gotohttp://www.bbpixel.com

check the downloads section and download and follow the instructions for the 4images patch..

Fastian
  • 2005/6/16 23:09

• Fastian

• Not too shy to talk

Ok..
I Went to the link, Search the site and found a patch that Adds 4images to XOOPS as an "Module".

According to the Readme file, i would have to make a new installation of 4images and the patch files adds 4images in the same databases of Xoops.

That seems quite different for what i m looking for. As i said i already have XOOPS and 4images. 4images is installed on my subdomain and serves as a wallpaper section.
So the patch file doesnt searves the purpose coz its for a new installation. (although i will give it a try)

Is there any other way that users can loging through XOOPS and 4images using one username and password ????

Fastian
  • 2005/7/5 5:26

• Fastian

• Not too shy to talk

Making this thread alive again...

Ok... here is what I did. I installed the 4images patch from BBPixel and I did some testing.

BUT, it’s not exactly what I was looking for. First of all it lacks in the features that a standard 4images installation gives.
Secondly, at least to me, it’s a bit hard to manage as compared to the standard one.

SO for one more time, I m requesting from the great community for the possibilities of doing what I am trying to do. (And believe me; it will serve many other users too)

I have installed 4images as "4images.mydomian.com" (for wallpaper system) where as XOOPS is my standard portal system "mydomain.com"
So is it possible that if a user is logged in at Xoops, he don’t need to login at 4images again.

Presently 4images and XOOPS do not share database.
I m not a Programmer
BUT
I m a Good Learner

Fastian
Combine Registration ?? Is this possible ?
  • 2005/8/17 10:16

• Fastian

• Not too shy to talk

Module from bbpixel.com limits users from making many changes to 4iamges. So i have it as a stand alone version.

But I desperately was looking for something that could be of some use. So I m going to ask this.

Is this possible that the standard XOOPS registration page can be used to register the user at 4IMAGES. 4Images registration need 3 things ( Username, Pwd and Email ) while XOOPS have a lot of other options. So is there any way around this can be done. ( I mean using one input filed for two different Databases/Scripts)
More exactly .. If a user register at XOOPS page, He got register at 4images as well.

If this could be done, users will need not to register twice and they will have one user name on both scripts. (Certainly the need to login separately But at least it will be of some use coz Something is better than nothing)

I am not a programmer but I hope my words are understandable. Pardon me if I am asking something stupid.

m0nty Can you please help me with this ??
I m not a Programmer
BUT
I m a Good Learner

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits