davinci27
Feedback on Content Module
  • 2005/6/15 13:23

• davinci27

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

I'm trying to get a little feedback on my Content Module. Specifically I want to get any interface/feature requests. I've had a little feedback from the actual module page, but I was hoping folks here might take a few minutes and try it out. The Module is based on XT Conteudo and if you are currently using XT Conteudo there is a script to copy your data over to the Content Database.

There are several new features, but probably the biggests are the new menu blocks. There are 2 new muenu blocks that combine the main menu or module menu and the content Menu created by Content. Essentially, the new menu blocks will let you mix modules and their submenus with content sections and their submenus.

I'm looking for any feedback you might have. Is something to difficult to understand? Does something not work like you were expecting?

You can either reply here, or you can add bugs and feature requests directly to the development site

bluenova
Re: Feedback on Content Module

Very nice indeed, I've been wanting for a long time a module that has a menu blocks like this module.

2 things:

1. wysiwyg editor seems to be Dutch?
2. Had to edit the print and email url's in the template, as the locations were not correct

Otherwise a great module

JimLunsford

It's in english for me????

davinci27
  • 2005/6/15 16:09

• davinci27

• Just popping in

English for me as well. I'd like to tie it into the FCKEditor class so it could pick your language via the XOOPS interface, but as of now the FCKEDitor class doesn't have the spell checking functions.

bluenova

It looks like the FCKEditor, picks it language by your ip address, if this is the case it is very bad for them to assume that just because somebody is in a certain country they want to use the local language to edit there webpages It would be much better if it could be integrated with the XOOPS language, or even the browser language would be better than the current setup. But the XOOPS language would be good as it will then work with multi-lang sites.

jagibu
  • 2005/6/17 9:59

• jagibu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/17

is this possible to put external link ftom another catalog (upper) ( not from "site_root/modules/content/content/" but "site_root/html/")?

davinci27
  • 2005/6/17 12:44

• davinci27

• Just popping in

The external link field is really pretty dumb. Whatever you put into that field will be written out as the link. so if you can usehttps://xoops.org, /modules/content/index.phpid=2, or /somethingelse/entirly. I use it to add links to specific pages within modules.

my only suggestion is that if you a linking to pages in your site, you start from the root /

jagibu
  • 2005/6/17 18:09

• jagibu

• Just popping in

no .. I test it. "File not found"
look at:
// include external content

$includeContent = XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/modules/"._MIC_DIR_NAME."/content/".$address;
//
if I put in box "external link" ( $address ???):http://mysite/testfile.htm

- I have "File not found" (but testfile.htm is on root )
- this will be returned ? :
$includeContent = XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/modules/"._MIC_DIR_NAME."/content/"."http://mysite/testfile.htm";

I think this is no one place to change ...
I think files on root are better indexed and I don't want hack with shortUrl ;)

davinci27
  • 2005/6/17 19:05

• davinci27

• Just popping in

Sorry wasnt' clear the first time. There has been a bug reported that you can't put a link in a submenu on ly a main menu. I've fixed this and it will be included in the next version. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

jagibu
  • 2005/6/22 11:52

• jagibu

• Just popping in

search of site not work with content module - when I add new page /not wrap from external .htm file/ to dbase, words in field "text" are in xoops_content table but search XOOPS function don't see it ...

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits