Duke_Henry
Problems installing AMS 2.41
  • 2005/6/10 19:54

• Duke_Henry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/30

Hello all,
I have started setting up another XOOPS site, and have decided to do some testing with News 1.31 and AMS 2.41 to see which will suit my needs for information management.

Anyway, I copied over both modules, and AMS 2.41 is giving me problems. I copied both modules at the same time through binary/auto FTP transaction, and while News 1.31 looks fine, AMS 2.41 looks pooched from the get go.

After copying the module, when I go to the admin panel and look at the module list, the AMS module has no icon (even though one did successfully copy, and I can view it). After I install it, the module page shows no icon again, no module name, and it is not shown in the left hand menu. To me, the installation obviously failed.

One thing I did have to do is create the AMS folder on my computer, since the 2.41 zip file just unpacked the core files in the current directory that the archive was placed in. So, I created an AMS directory, and dumped the files within it. Then, I uploaded the ams directory with the news directory and here I am!

Sorry if that was a bit incoherent!

JimLunsford
Re: Problems installing AMS 2.41

Did you try redownloading the file? Also what ftp client are you using?

Duke_Henry
  • 2005/6/10 20:00

• Duke_Henry

• Just popping in

Quote:

JimLunsford wrote:
Did you try redownloading the file? Also what ftp client are you using?

Yes I tried redownloading from different mirrors, and tried different ftp clients as well (I use ws-ftp, I tried smartftp and ws-ftp pro).

I am going to download 2.41 off of another mirror and try again.

JimLunsford

I would love to help you further but I am getting a 504 error from the download site. Sorry.

Duke_Henry
  • 2005/6/10 20:14

• Duke_Henry

• Just popping in

Quote:

JimLunsford wrote:
I would love to help you further but I am getting a 504 error from the download site. Sorry.

All attempts I have made to download from it-hq have failed from day 1.

It appears to work from the module repository. I have not been able to find the module anywhere else...

Just to show that I am NOT insane, I took a screenshot of the module admin panel, and the askew-ness that is this particular module..

;)

Resized Image

(as you can tell, the "Articles" Module at the bottom definately doesn't seem to be on the up-and-up!)

Duke_Henry
  • 2005/6/10 20:16

• Duke_Henry

• Just popping in

Found an interesting thread through google...

:)

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35362&forum=28

Basically I have to name the module folder AMS and not ams.

I suck.

Problem fixed!

Thanks for your help!

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits