Skythe
Xoops migration problem
  • 2005/6/9 12:15

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Yeah I read the FAQ & I know how to migrate. ;)

I'm still having trouble with my XOOPS installation, and the site is down more time than not.

But as noone here seemed to know what to do I downloaded a new version, spent 2 months adjusting it and am now ready to migrate the old database over. Or so I thought. I tried with backups from Peter Nagl's Backup mod and exported ones from phpmyadmin.

Here's what comes up when I run them on the new db:

Quote:

Error
There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:
----BEGIN CUT----
----END CUT----

----BEGIN RAW----
----END RAW----

SQL-query :

PK/L–Wë\í7ð2s×ê}BÀMy¶jPx=˜±Ògªz¶^Þeûõo/¥õ >L¤©Usí²lö«¬MóÖÛ¼Ý67ÞÈ›ÇÔʹÎD±”*—ª:ÊÛb»)nÚöì:¡^ã<]#�U•1�ßµÙ�`üqPÌüUÁ]\È n‡ëì øÏužmƒÛxŒò6ɴ⬾f ²½ÜT/ÈWÙñͱÕ,…S©$�•¬…«_YÐЄ5¼B¼ËŽm†8`QÇSËöïßo1}¾(Ó2IéÐõó±” \— V•.w“ý¾Û·É ŠO2Îk§$ iv3ËW•»åu‘g›Ýw»í®E0ç„Ò>)Ť¾'ËåR-—‹

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PK' at line 1

I dont know crap about MySQL but that must be the primary key? Well what should I do? What could have caused this? Could this be the reason the old site is so fup?

McNaz
Re: Xoops migration problem
  • 2005/6/9 12:33

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Wild guess here but it looks ike you are feeding the import routine a binary file (which could be your SQL file which has been compressed with gzip or zip).

Are you trying to import your data from phpMyAdmin? Have you tried unzipping your import file?

Skythe
  • 2005/6/9 13:30

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Yeah .sql or .zip, I get the same message.

McNaz
  • 2005/6/9 14:17

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Quote:
PK/L–Wë\í7ð2s×ê}BÀMy¶jPx=˜±Ògªz¶^Þeûõo/¥õ >L¤©Usí²lö«¬MóÖÛ¼Ý67ÞÈ›ÇÔʹÎD±”*—ª:ÊÛb»)nÚöì:¡^ã<]#�U•1�ßµÙ�`üqPÌüUÁ]\È n‡ëì øÏužmƒÛxŒò6ɴ⬾f ²½ÜT/ÈWÙñͱÕ,…S©$�•¬…«_YÐЄ5¼B¼ËŽm†8`QÇSËöïßo1}¾(Ó2IéÐõó±” \— V•.w“ý¾Û·É ŠO2Îk§$ iv3ËW•»åu‘g›Ýw»í®E0ç„Ò>)Ť¾'ËåR-—‹

... is not an sql file but what appears to be a compressed file. Probably a compressed .sql file. Changing the extension isn't enough.

When importing via phpMySQL's try the different compression options (Autodetected, gzipped, bzipped).

If none of these work then try opening the file with winzip (or your choice of decompresson program).

An sql file should look something like

Quote:

# phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
# version 2.5.6
#http://www.phpmyadmin.net
#
# Host: localhost
# Generation Time: Aug 17, 2004 at 10:28 AM
# Server version: 4.0.20
# PHP Version: 4.2.3
#
# Database : `xpsbeta_xoops`
#

# --------------------------------------------------------

#
# Table structure for table `bb_archive`
#

CREATE TABLE `bb_archive` (
`topic_id` tinyint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
`post_id` tinyint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
`post_text` text NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;

# --------------------------------------------------------

and not what you are getting.

HTH.

Skythe
  • 2005/6/9 15:30

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Mmm I did not just change the file's extension. I exported as zip, and later as uncompressed sql. Both return the same msg.

The backup does look like a normal sql file. No
Quote:

in there. I guess thats just part of the error message.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits