barbary
Contact Management...
  • 2005/6/8 16:42

• barbary

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

I run a staffing/recruiting company in the Bay Area (www.prodigyplacement.com), and I would like to add a module which allows my clients (companies who are hiring) to login and review resumes from my candidates. I will need to hide some fields such as the candidates name/phone/email, so my clients don't just go hire these candidates behind my back.

ANY IDEA how to achieve this?

Cheers,
Barbary

barbary
Re: Contact Management...
  • 2005/6/8 18:58

• barbary

• Just popping in

any particular modules good for this, or allow customization to accomodate this?

barbary
  • 2005/6/10 3:37

• barbary

• Just popping in

anyone?!

THERE'S GOT TO BE A XOOPS GOD OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!?

Kneeling...

-Barbary

artigas
  • 2005/6/10 4:32

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

Greetings -

Go to the development site, press the "Module Dev Forge" menu item under "Development" over on the left hand menu on this web site.

Create an account for yourself. Go edit the account and you will find a link on top that has "Skill Set". You will see a primitive version of what you might be looking for. And you can download this by downloading the source code for the "Development Forge" itself.

To create what you want you might be able to start with that specific module and enhance it to your taste. It will be a bit of work though to get it to a true skill resume search module.

As far as I know this is the closest thing I have seen so far to the complement of the jobs module. Which I did see installed in your web site.

Not much help. But it is a starting point.

artigas
  • 2005/6/10 4:39

• artigas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/21

Greetings -

There might be an alternative. This is a sugestion. Post the resumes as articles and rather than give any contact information provide a number for each specific individual.

This will allow the clients to look at the items without knowing who to contact. You can also, generically list each company that they worked with and not give the actual name of any of them, specially their current one. Just give a generic "Company 1" and list all the experience for that company. Then do the next, etc., etc., etc.

Make sure that the articles list everything that any potential employer will need to make a decision but nothing that will identify the individual or places they work for.

That way they can not go around you.

Hope That Helps.

barbary
  • 2005/6/12 1:03

• barbary

• Just popping in

Thanks for the ideas guys.

(a) "Skill Set" -- This module is a good start, but it doesn't appear that it hides the identity of the USERs to the public. There would need to be a way that companies could view the profiles, without knowing who the person was, and they could click a "REQUEST INTERVIEW" button or something.

--This would be best, since the applicants could update their profiles themselves! I wonder what it would take/cost to achieve my goals with this module?

(b) ARTICLES - This would require a TON of manual administration by my staff, which we're not interested in doing... when you're talking about hundreds, if not thousands, of applicants/users posting their resume on this system, it would be unbearable to do this in articles... but certainly a solution for up to 30 or so resumes.

Thanks guys,
Barbary

barbary
  • 2005/6/12 2:28

• barbary

• Just popping in

So.. for the short-term I'm using articles, and while it is a lot of administrative work, it is a great interrim solution.

However, I am using WF-SECTION and it destroys the HTML resumes I put in the articles... it is supposed to support HTML as well, which confuses me.

Any idea how to either (a) get WF-SECTION to work with HTML, or (b) any recommendations on a great article module?

Thanks much..

-Barbary

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits