jeffgr
Help with AdSense -
  • 2005/6/6 21:40

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hello Xoopsers'!

I have a simple site which I am trying to install my AdSense Ads on. No problem with that, I have simply displayed them in a custom block on the right-hand side by cutting and pasting my ad code into the new block. My home page module is News. The problem I am finding is that my Adsense ads are all displaying ads that are focused on the following keywords "password", "portal", "login" etc...clearly, the ads are reading the underlying code of the page, rather then the actual content of the site (which has nothing to do with those words). This situation only occurs on the front page, where all the news stories are displayed. It doesn't occur on the actual story pages however, so the ads are correctly focused on those pages. The custom block displaying my ads is in the same place throughout the site...

Does anyone have any idea on how to get AdSense to "read" the actual content of my site, on the home page, where the News module is selected? I can't change the actual Adsense code, but is there any way that I can get search engine spiders to read the content of my news spiders first?

I tried some of the seo hacks in the FAQ and they didn't work...I don't think that's what I'm really looking for however...I'm more looking for a way to create a link for the spider to follow directly to my news stories...any idea on how to do this?

Thanks!

Jeff

pegasus00321
Re: Help with AdSense -

Well, Ad Sense works on a similar principle as google does, keywords. If you have more of a word, then it will use it.
Unless they have no relavent ad to your news, then it might go off topic a bit.

I own several XOOPS sites and 90% of the ads are very much targeted. I do see a few ads for CMS'es or related stuff once in a while.

JimLunsford
Re: Help with AdSense -

To me it seems that ad sense gets smarter the longer it is running on your site. When I first added them to one of my XOOPS sites I noticed the same thing ads about token systems, logins, and such but as time went on the ads were more geared towards the content of my site. I have since added three more XOOPS sites to my list and with each one the same thing has happened.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits