Lance_
Flash header and link with external file
  • 2005/6/2 3:21

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Hello,

I have a flash header that links to an external file for the text of the header.

Since it links to file abcd.txt somewhere in there, should the link be root reletive and be <{$xoops_imageurl}>/abcd.txt?

Does anyone know what I am looking for when searching for this link? All I see in the flash is the call of the particular text and not the link to the external text file.

example
on (release) {

getURL(/:iurl2);

}

Thanks.

Lance_
Re: Flash header and link with external file
  • 2005/6/2 14:13

• Lance_

• Home away from home

**Bump this for the day crowd**

Pretty please.

Lance_
  • 2005/6/3 2:47

• Lance_

• Home away from home

I'm back again.

Hasn't anyone ever had a Flash file with a linked text file to integrate in a XOOPS theme????

Here is the problem again.

File #1 is the theme.swf file.
File #2 is a abcd.txt file that has all the text that will appear in the theme.swf.

example abcd.txt
name=Business.com&slogan=Company slogan goes here&slogan2=another short slogan goes here&rep=replay&button1=About the project&button2=Solutions&button3=Technology&button4=Careers&button5=Information&button6=Contacts&icon1=Home&icon2=Site map&icon3=Contact us&url1=#&url2=#&url3=#&url4=#&url5=#&url6=#&iurl1=#&iurl2=#&iurl3=#&enddata=1

In the theme.swf file there is:
loadVariablesNum("abcd.txt"0);

This in essence loads the text in abcd.txt so it can be called in the theme.swf.

My problem is that no text is being shown on the flash when in xoops. Text does show when opening directly the flash in the browser.

I have attempted to change
loadVariablesNum("abcd.txt"0);

with putting in <{$xoops_imageurl}>, relative path, absolute path, http://www.yaddayaddayada/, \home..., nothing works.

I need guidance.

Thanks for the help.

pod
  • 2005/6/3 3:03

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Now that's elaborate enough for me to understand! Clarity is underrated ;)

Simple solution: Put the text file in the same directory from which you are calling it.

For instance, if the Flash file is displayed on your index page, put it in your html directory. If the Flash file is being displayed on yoursite/modules/news, put the text file in html/modules/news. If the Flash file is being called from all modules on your site, drop a copy of the text file in each module directory in which it will be called from the Flash file.

This is a workaround & not a dynamic solution, but I can't go around giving away all my secrets now can I...

Lance_
  • 2005/6/3 3:07

• Lance_

• Home away from home

Text file is already in the themes folder with the flash file, no go. They right next to one another.

pod
  • 2005/6/3 3:10

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

...lol...

If this is for your own site & not a theme for release, this solution should definitely work. Just drop the same text file that is now in your themes/theme directory into your public_html directory & etc, as detailed above.

Lance_
  • 2005/6/3 3:17

• Lance_

• Home away from home

I reread your previous post, and it made sense after your second. LOL

Love ya. Another fix, you're 3 for 3 on my theme fixin' problem.

Solution: stick the darn text file in the XOOPS root. tadda!!

Login

Who's Online

313 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 313

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits