dshealy
Generic instructions for inserting php code?
  • 2005/5/31 15:33

• dshealy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

Are there some generic instructions somewhere for inserting modules pieces into other pages?

I'm trying following the instructions from bm-survey that I've installed on XOOPS about inserting a survey into another html or php page per the instructions on last page of their module.

It says: copy and paste the following line displayed into the html of any web page:

<?php $sid=4; include("/var/www/html/modules/bmsurvey/public/handler.php");?>

I've tried to put this into a wiwi page with html and also a wf-section page. Both don't doing anything. I've tried using the "code" button at the top of each page as well. When I do that just puts a box around the line listed above.

Blue Moon now is responding that this was in the original program espPHP or something and that they don't support doing this.

Please help,
Thanks
David

Xavier
Re: Generic instructions for inserting php code?
  • 2005/5/31 21:55

• Xavier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

In wiwi, you've got a workaround with the [BLK ...] tag :

1 - step one : create a custom XOOPS block with the php code you need, and keep note somewhere of its block id once it's created (or remember the block title)

2 -step two : insert [BLK xxx] in your Wiwi page, at the place you want the block displayed (where xxx is either the block id or the block title).

3 - step three : save the page ; the block should now be displayed in the page ... doesn't it ?

Note : for now, no security check is done when displaying the block, so watch what you're doing

Xavier

dshealy
Re: Generic instructions for inserting php code?
  • 2005/6/1 18:48

• dshealy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

Are you saying insert the line of code list below in a block? I hope you answer work because that doesn't do anything. I'm sorry I am such a novice.

David Shealy

-------------------------------------
You have completed this survey design.

To insert this survey into your web page, copy the text below, and paste it into the HTML of your page.

<?php $sid=4; include("/var/www/html/modules/bmsurvey/public/handler.php");?>

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits