h2oguyofnh
Modules permissions
  • 2005/5/29 15:12

• h2oguyofnh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/29

New site

This is a practice site. I plan to make this the replacement for my work site. .

Installed via cpanel. Found my way into admin and put in the faq and forum modules. Was notified that install was successful but unable to write to file?? Can't seem to do much with modules.

My skills: have set up several Geeklog sites and an OSCommerce site so I'm not scared of tuning up php file etc

First XOOPS adventure and believe I'm gonna like it. Any pointers to modify the look to get close the work site would be appreciated.

Also, a little advice from other Mac users appreciated: when I use the Message buttons here to create links, image manager, etc, the dialog boxes are incomplete. I had to guess at the entries to make the link editor work. G3 iMac, 10.1, IE 5.1 . thanks in advance.

pod
Re: Modules permissions
  • 2005/5/29 15:18

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

When unable to write to file, CHMOD the file in question to 666, folders to 777. Cpanel install doesn't take care of permissions, I don't think.

Converting the look of your site to a XOOPS theme should be really simple. Check out the FAQ > Anatomy of the default theme for a quick start.

Hope this helps & welcome to the wonderful world of XOOPS. :)

h2oguyofnh
Re: Modules permissions
  • 2005/5/29 21:34

• h2oguyofnh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/29

Thanks for the quick response. I am familiar with permission setting. I was wondering which files need the 777 setting. I tried searching the archives but wasn't getting far.

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits