grimreaper
Help needed with Xoops Login...
  • 2005/5/28 12:08

• grimreaper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/9 4

Hey guys,

Firstly, XOOPS is awesome, tops to you guys :)
Now, we are running a community gaming website (currently 550+ registered users), and we're having a few troubles with the login feature. The site has been functioning fine up until recently, I've got a guess to where the problem may lie, but I'll explain our setup first.

We're running XOOPS 2.0.9.2, with the autologin patch applied. The problem itself is: when a user types in their details and clicks login (without the 'remember me' box ticked) it says "Thank you, logging you in now...", then goes back to the page they're in, but hasn't actually logged them in. BUT, if they tick the "remember me" box, it logs in like normal, and everything functions fine.

As I said above, I have the autologin patch applied, and has been applied for quite some time, and has been working perfectly for the past 2 months.

Now, the only thing I can think of is, we have another sort of 'sub-site' running, where people login again with the same details (this other package runs in the same database, but under different tables, we just copied over the username + passwords to this other packages user tables for them to use the same details, if you get what I mean), but could this other sites cookies be conflicting with ones from xoops? This is just an idea thrown out there.

The site is: www.ratsgaming.com

Hopefully somebody can give us a hand!

EDIT: If worst comes to worst, we can just remove the "Remember me" link, and have it ticked permanently, but I can see some problems with this due to people not wanting their accounts to stay logged in once they shut down the window.

EDIT: The problem is now fixed! Turns out the table 'xoops_session' in the sql database was corrupt for some reason. All I had to do was issue the 'repair table xoops_session' command. FIXED!

jdseymour
Re: Help needed with Xoops Login...

The only real problem that I can see with this is firewall issues. See if the ones effected are running firewalls, and have it set to block referrer information.

Maybe the autologon, if used does some other check to verify the user.

Anyway HTH.

grimreaper
  • 2005/5/29 2:31

• grimreaper

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply :)

Nah it isn't firewall related, as this happens to absolutely everybody on the site, not just a few select people. I have already done the Referrer Information hack (as about a month ago, some people were having those problems of even registering, logging in, etc. This Referrer Hack fixed that up completely. I found it after searching these forums relentlessly).

I'm not sure about the auto login suggestion. We've been using the hack for quite a while, but nobody has ever noticed/reported this issue. We're using the autologin-patch-xoops-2.0.9.2

EDIT: The problem is now fixed! Turns out the table 'xoops_session' in the sql database was corrupt for some reason. All I had to do was issue the 'repair table xoops_session' command. FIXED!

Regards,
Leigh.

grimreaper
  • 2005/5/29 3:27

• grimreaper

• Just popping in

An update on the situation: I just replaced all of the files that are in the autologin hack with the original files, which resulted in not being able to login at all! Not even with the remember me box ticked. So it seems that we now require the autologin hack to at least login with the 'Remember me' box ticked!

Please, any suggestions?

Regards,
Leigh.

kiwiguy
  • 2005/5/29 3:41

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Just a reminder to one and all that hacks are hacks there installed at your own risk most times you will nothave a problem but sometimes you will so if your eveer ontemplating installing a hacked module or anything that it may corrupt your site in many ways than you think and honestly the support team dun have to support hacked files but they do as there all so nice fellows and ladys :P

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits