xueming
How to change the name of a module
  • 2005/5/25 21:39

• xueming

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/7 6

Hello,

I want to change some of the module names to something more meaningful to my site in stead of standard name. Here is my approch:

1. Find all the instances of the module name (directory name) in all the files. Change them to a new name: "new_module" and also change the directory name to "new_module"

2. If I need an second instance of the same module, I might need to check the table name. Otherwise I am done

Is this right? Any other thing I need to check ?

Thanks a lot

pegasus00321
Re: How to change the name of a module

Changing the directory name can be tricky depending on how well the developer coded the module. You'll have to edit the code in most cases to do this.
Changing the dir name and then the dir name in xoops_version.php of the module isnt enough in a lot of cases.

To change the name of the module as it appears in the Main Menu, go to your admin page, click System Admin > Modules
Then find the module and change the name.
And hit submit and voila...

xueming
  • 2005/6/1 1:58

• xueming

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/7 6

Thanks for the reply! I have been away for a few days, so sorry for the late reply.

Yes, originally I plan to change the code itself if needed. But that will prevent any future updates and too much hassle down the road. So I might just leave it alone until I can find some other solutions :)

Thanks.

eon03
  • 2005/6/8 20:06

• eon03

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/3 2

I want to hide what users see in the url bar too. I dont like them seeing url/modules/modulename/..... Any suggestions on how to "pretty up" what is seen in the url bar?

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits