Cavan
Formulaire image upload problems
  • 2005/5/23 17:43

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

I'd been using the Liaise module but switched to the Formulaire module because it allows image upload within a form. However, I can't seem to upload any images and constantly get the message that the file is too large, even though I have the file size set very high. The permission setting on the upload folder is correct (777) so this doesn't appear to be the problem.

Does anyone have any similar issues or can someone using this module help me out with this?

Cavan
Re: Formulaire image upload problems
  • 2005/5/24 2:13

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Okay, I managed to fix this but there's a strange issue with the way the recorded form information is displayed in both the admin backend AND the table "form_form"...When the information from the form is recorded to the database, its jumbled and doesn't display the fields as they're ordered in the form. I need HELP with this SOON. please...Anyone out there?

animas
  • 2005/5/24 3:20

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

Tried the latest version Formulaire 302?

Cavan
  • 2005/5/24 5:33

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

animas,

Thank you...I uninstalled the old Formulaire (as per the install instructions) and installed the new one from the link you provided and it works great now!

Thanks again!

philou
  • 2005/5/24 5:45

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

The module is always in active development. The current version is stable and does not have particular problems.
I try to include majors suggestions to improve the power of
this module.

animas
  • 2005/5/24 11:05

• animas

• Quite a regular

3, 301, 302 within a very short time. Thanks for your hard working and a demanding module.

Cavan
  • 2005/5/24 16:06

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

I agree with animas...its refreshing to see a XOOPS mod developer on top of their projects and updating them when necessary. Bravo to philou for all the hard work...

However, I do have a some additional concerns and/or questions about Formulaire that I'd like explained/answered:

1. In the Modify menu, where you can see and edit/add/delete the form elements, I've noticed that re-sorting ("New sort") elements removes any "required" checks you may have for your elements and you have to re-check all the "Required" checkboxes of the elements all over again. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Related to the above issue, when you re-sort any "Join a file" element in a form, any changes you've made (file type, file size, etc) to this element automatically revert back to the default settings when you're done re-sorting. Can this be changed in the php code somewhere?

3. I've also noticed that there is no "Required" checkbox (when editing elements) for the "Select box" and "Join a file" elements (other elements lack this as well but these are the two I'm concerned with). On our application form, there are four select boxes that really should be required. Is there a way to add this to the php code?

4. I have a few test accounts (all with different emails) that I always use when adding new modules to our site. With Formulaire, if I fill out our application form with any test account and submit it to the specific group it should go to, the email of the test account doesn't receive the autoresponder email from the group email address that the form is being sent to. What happens is the autoresponder email is sent to my main (admin) email account---it appears that my own IP is being recognized as the (sender) origin of the form, rather than the email that's been entered into the form itself (which is where the autoresponder should be going to). Is there a way to fix this?

5. Finally, and related to no. 4, is there a way to forward or send the information input into the form to the person who fills out the form and to the group email the information is to be sent to? As it is, the only thing the group email receives is a copy of the uploaded image, and none of the information that's been entered into the form---this information is sent as an attachemnt and doesn't display in the email itself. This would really be useful for our site since our members will be paying yearly dues for our organization.

I'd appreciate some input or suggestions on these issues. Thank you.

Cavan
  • 2005/5/24 16:40

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

I fixed no. 3 by adding $req = true; to the above mentioned elements in the elements.php file...

gtop00
  • 2005/5/24 16:48

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Hi Cavan and thanks a lot! I had the same question.

May be you can advice how to change the DATE format to:
"dd mm yyyy" and how we can change the start year at around 1970? I appriciate your reply.

George

animas
  • 2005/5/24 17:22

• animas

• Quite a regular

Could anyone of figure out how to let user submit a particular form only once. Validation by user Id or cookies etc?

Also look intoFormulaire Comments. I hope philou is watching both.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits