mrmacadamia
AMS module troubleshooting

hye guys...

I don't know if this has been discussed already.

i got error msg from my apache log like this below:

Quote:
PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /var/www/html/xoops/modules/AMS/class/idgobject.php on line 64, referer:http://www.shinshu-u.org/xoops/index.php?

PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /var/www/html/xoops/modules/AMS/class/spotlight.php on line 149, referer:http://www.shinshu-u.org/xoops/modules/statistics/admin/index.php?op=1

and so on...

m0nty
Re: AMS module troubleshooting
  • 2005/5/21 7:22

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

what version of php are you using?

it would probably be easier to ask your host to check their config settings in php.ini and set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true

otherwise it would mean editing the files and removing the & from the functions..

ie line 63 & 64 of idgobject:

&$db change to just $db

you'd have to do this for probably many other files aswell.. but that would probably cause other problems depending on the php version again.

m0nty
  • 2005/5/21 7:24

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

or u could try via htaccess

php_flag allow_call_time_pass_reference on

i dunno if u can do it with htaccess tho

mrmacadamia

ouh ok thanks for the quick reply..

am actually run from my own pc and using fedora core 3 with the latest build.So,i think i should edit the php.ini file and it won't cause any problem to any module rite?

thanks

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits