wimelord
MOODLE for Xoops
  • 2005/5/20 18:15

• wimelord

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/18

First of all, thanks for the most excellent work! I have used several cms out there, and your's rates at the top.

I am installing moodle, and everything seems to go well, now am getting this error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/comunl/cms/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php' (include_path='') in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/comunl/cms/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/setup.php on line 28
Warning [PHP]: main(/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/comunl/cms/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/M4X/moodle/lib/setup.php line 28

Help me please, under a tight deadline.

Thanks.

LeBlank
Re: MOODLE for Xoops
  • 2005/5/20 18:23

• LeBlank

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/1 1

I dunno about anyone else but I'm confussed about moodle module for XOOPS ... is this a xoopsmodule or just xoopsmoodle which is moodle on the same site with XOOPS?

I have set up moodle recently but never heard of a moodle module so I am moderately moody about meddling with moodle modules ...

wcrwcr
  • 2005/5/20 18:47

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

@wimelord

Quote:
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/comunl/cms/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php' (include_path='') in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/comunl/cms/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/setup.php on line 28
Warning [PHP]: main(/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/comunl/cms/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/M4X/moodle/lib/setup.php line 28

We at our community are having the same problems trying to install and use that mod unfortunately.

It seems that the "lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php" is missing on the most recent version of the mod

I guess the best solution is contact the developer and ask him for that missing file or folder.

Quote:
Help me please, under a tight deadline.

If you?re in a hurry, iguess it?s better to find another solution for the moment.
For instance, installing the moodle standalone( pretty stable), found on www.moodle.org and using XOOPS to cover other aspects of your project.

@leblank

M4X is a XOOPS module but in order to get it working you have to install the whole moodle package and the module of course

Hope this helps

PS. I guess that is a great module but the devloper seems to be alone on the project even so he?s doing a great job.
I?d love to see that mod working nice and perfectlly integrated with xoops.

wimelord
  • 2005/5/20 21:08

• wimelord

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/18

Thanks for the laugh -

Ok. I tried to go to developers site. Unfortunately the site is in another language, one I don't speak. So I will keep trying.

Thanks for the quick replies yall. I will post here when I find the missing file.

LeBlank
  • 2005/5/20 21:10

• LeBlank

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/1 1

@wcrwcr

Thank you for easing my confusion I looked for a module with the name moodle in it, too lazy to search I guess, so thanks for helping out.

I'm sure it was by complete coincidence that I just finished looking at our demo moodle site and thinking about ways to combine it with XOOPS, and then logged in here to see that post ...

@wimelord - Suggest you try to take and use the missing file ( adodb.inc.php ) from an older module version distribution, or even the moodle distribution, if it is actually missing from the htdocs/comunl/cms/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/adodb/ path ( I assume you looked to see if it was there )

If it is there then it is obvious path problem on line whatever it was in the file that generated the error. You could try to replace the path variable with hard-coded path at that particular spot, or hard-code the variable at the top of the file.

Or ... Try as wcrwcr suggests and install moodle standalone and make links in XOOPS menu to it ( installed in sub-dir )
You can always combine the style sheets if you need a more integrated look. I have developed a technique for doing this that is easier than it sounds at first . Be happy to tell you about that if you want.

Sorry I'm so blabby, must be getting tired !
Good Luk !

wcrwcr
  • 2005/5/21 4:22

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi leblank

Quote:
You can always combine the style sheets if you need a more integrated look. I have developed a technique for doing this that is easier than it sounds at first . Be happy to tell you about that if you want.

PLease feel free to reveal us yours secrets
I?d love to hear........

@wimelord
Quote:
Unfortunately the site is in another language, one I don't speak.

Neither do I, but I think there is an english support forum on the site, please have a look.

marcm
  • 2005/5/22 12:40

• marcm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/21

Yes,

I am having the same problem as others have installing Moodle successfully...missing files. I am on XP with administrator privileges so have read/write access.

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'C:/FoxServ/www/modules/M4X/moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\FoxServ\www\modules\M4X\moodle\lib\setup.php on line 28

Shiva
  • 2008/1/11 9:22

• Shiva

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/7/9 1

Can anyone provide some instructions/pointers on how to get moodle working on XOOPS - if at all possible?

Thanks you in advance.

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits