jcoulter
System Admin Functions not Displaying
  • 2005/5/18 8:13

• jcoulter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/18

I'm sure this has been asked, but my searching has turn up nothing.

I added a bunch of forums and now some of the System Admin functions are not working. If I click on Groups, Smilies, or User Ranks, as well as the System Admin button itself, the screen simply refreshes itself.

For example, if I click on Blocks, I get the setup screen for Blocks (which is correct). If I then click on Groups, the screen refreshes itself but I still get Blocks. This only happens on Groups, Smilies, and User Ranks. All other System Admin functions work fine.

This is my second install with the same problem. After installing a new module on my first install, Modules would not display. I totally removed everything, zapped the database, and reinstalled. Been working in the second install for several hours getting everything setup and now this.

I am logged on as Webmaster. Using XOOPS 2.0.10.

Help

jcoulter
Re: System Admin Functions not Displaying
  • 2005/5/18 19:35

• jcoulter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/18

Ok, don't know WHY this happens, but I think I have found out how to fix ... at least the fix has worked thus far.

When a module's control panel fails to load I've been able to get it working again by FTPing the appropriate /modules/system/admin/??? folder, overwriting all the old files there.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to why/how this happens. After I fixed the few that were giving me problems, five minutes later Blocks wouldn't display. But a recopy of the files fixed it too.

If anyone figures out why this is happening, I'd like to know.

Thanks,
Jon

Login

Who's Online

277 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 277

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits