status_tech
Table already exists

I'am trying to install a web counter on my site. First i installed statistics, that had a bug /mabey user error, So i deleted it. But i didn't uninstall properly i just deleted the folder thru ftp ( Wrong ) I replaced the delected folder with a new one and try to install it again and I get "Table 'xoops_counter' already exists Unable to install statistics. Error(s):" What can i do to correct this problem?

Thanks

Dave_L
Re: Table already exists
  • 2005/5/5 19:10

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The module is already installed in the database. That's why you get the "table already exists" error when you try to install it.

After replacing the folder, uninstall the module. Then remove the folder.

status_tech

That's the problem. I don't have it there, I see it at the bottom partof the install, then I click install tring to install it again, and that's when i get the error message.

Thanks dave for the quick reply

bwoods01
  • 2005/5/5 19:30

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

You may need to use something like PhpMyAdmin to delete the table.

DonXoop

A good module should finish the install even if the table exists (still gives the error). This module apparently chokes if the table exists. Check the modules/<module>/sql/mysql.sql file for the table name(s) to delete before trying the install again.

Then reconsider if you really want a stats package or a module with a shaky install routine.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits