broadcircle
WF-Links 1.0.1 RC

I set up categories and then deleted some. When I go to submit a link I still see a category that I have deleted in the dropdown box. How do I get rid of it?

Phil K.

davidl2
Re: WF-Links 1.0.1 RC
  • 2005/5/3 16:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Please post your problem at: www.wf-projects.com - and we'll look at this asap.

Thanks

peterr
  • 2005/5/20 10:45

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi,

After using wf-links for a few days, and having found several bugs already (one I was able to hack/fix), I'm wondering now about going back to mylinks, which doesn't have all the "bells and whistles' of wf-links, but at least it is bug free.

The most annoying thing with wf-links is I could not get it to stop anonymous users from submitting a link, it was either block them out completely, or if they have 'viewable' access, they could still submit a link. Have dropped a bug report on sourceforge, and also the forums, but no responses. If there is no support for this, then "plain old vanilla' mylinks will have to do. :(

Peter

otr222
  • 2005/6/12 21:23

• otr222

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/13

Quote:

peterr wrote:
Hi,

After using wf-links for a few days, and having found several bugs already (one I was able to hack/fix), I'm wondering now about going back to mylinks, which doesn't have all the "bells and whistles' of wf-links, but at least it is bug free.

The most annoying thing with wf-links is I could not get it to stop anonymous users from submitting a link, it was either block them out completely, or if they have 'viewable' access, they could still submit a link. Have dropped a bug report on sourceforge, and also the forums, but no responses. If there is no support for this, then "plain old vanilla' mylinks will have to do. :(

Peter

Has anyone found a fix to stop anonymous users from submitting a link without approval first?

thanks

peterr
  • 2005/6/13 3:14

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

Quote:

otr222 wrote:
Quote:

Has anyone found a fix to stop anonymous users from submitting a link without approval first?

thanks

You may want to try the Wf-Projects site , it's being moved at present, but the forums there may have an answer.

Peter

Catzwolf
  • 2005/6/13 8:15

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Can you give me list of the bugs that you have found here please, I have fixed the submit problem but I am interested in the others that you may have also found.

ATB

John

peterr
  • 2005/6/13 11:22

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi John,

Quote:

John_N wrote:
Can you give me list of the bugs that you have found here please, I have fixed the submit problem but I am interested in the others that you may have also found.

The one I remember (i.e. without the forums being up at present) was to display HTML code. Without this 'hack', it wouldn't do it.

Line 59 of /modules/wflinks/include/linkloadinfo.php is

$link['description'] = $wfmyts -> displayTarea$link_arr['description'], 0111);

and the hack to get HTML code to display was .......

$link['description'] = $wfmyts -> displayTarea$link_arr['description'], 1111);

but a much cleaner way of modifying the code, would be to add this section of code, as done in /modules/wflinks/viewcat.php, lines 128 to 135

$sql "SELECT description, nohtml, nosmiley, noxcodes, noimages, nobreak, imgurl FROM " $xoopsDB -> prefixWFLINKS_CAT ) . " WHERE cid =" $cid;
$head_arr $xoopsDB -> fetchArray$xoopsDB -> query$sql ) );
$html = ( $head_arr['nohtml'] ) ? 1;
$smiley = ( $head_arr['nosmiley'] ) ? 1;
$xcodes = ( $head_arr['noxcodes'] ) ? 1;
$images = ( $head_arr['noimages'] ) ? 1;
$breaks = ( $head_arr['nobreak'] ) ? 0;
$description $wfmyts -> displayTarea$head_arr['description'], $html$smiley$xcodes$images$breaks );

HTH

Peter

Login

Who's Online

268 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 268

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits