suhak
language and author options for AMS, news and sections
  • 2005/4/29 5:06

• suhak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/14

Hello,
can we put language and author (3. party) options for the modules above. For a multilanguage page, there may be an option to fullfill the author part (two radio buttons, fist may follow by a input text and the second may follow by a not given) and at the reading process, when the author is clicked the browser may lead us the page of the author within the website (perhaps a who is module may be added) and near the author name there may be a small icon to lead all the articles of the author..
and for the language part in reading process, a multilanguage website may show only the active language's articles as default and a little option may lead to all articles.

is it hard to be realised..
thanks..

brash
Re: language and author options for AMS, news and sections
  • 2005/4/29 5:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Not really clear on what you are wanting . You want fields where you can specify the lanuage an article is written in, and another one for author? Would the user profle page be what you are after for an author details page?

suhak
  • 2005/4/29 22:00

• suhak

• Just popping in

hi,
think of a website with 3 languages : x, y and z

the default language is x for the website, but one can change the language by using smartlanguage module. and think that s/he selected y to be her/his language and posted an article with that language.

by the way, a person using language x can not understand the article with the language y so we should put an option to show (default option) the articles with only language x. if s/he wants to see other languages too, s/he may choose to see all articles with three languages.
(the other option : all articles)

secondly, i would like to have an article website and in this website there should be lots of articles. and i would like the poster to be able to add an author name who is another person not the poster.

for example, the poster name is A, but sends an article of B(e.g. Marx, Darwin, Hitler, Blair, Oral Sander) and then C (...) and then D and .....

Thanks a lot..

catalin12345

ams 2.41 can link to newbb for discussion ...
how to link articles to be discuted in ipboard ??!!

suhak
  • 2005/4/30 14:26

• suhak

• Just popping in

sorry, i could not understand well your intent well, but i wish i am able to tell mine at the previous message. thanx a lot for your solutions.. but if possible, the above request would be helpful for everybody.

neilhedley
  • 2006/1/4 1:16

• neilhedley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

Forgive me for bumping something that's so old, but I understand what the original poster is asking, and am having a similar issue on my site.

I frequently post content on the site that was written by third parties, 95% of whom have never heard of me, OR my site. The way AMS is set up, it assumes that articles are written by people who have a user ID.

Is there another way to handle 3rd-party content within AMS so that the author's name can still show up, regardless of whether or not they're in my database?

Login

Who's Online

75 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 75

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits