MadFish
Library catalogue module
  • 2005/4/22 17:48

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Here's my wish list:

At my work we produce a lot of publications (as PDF files) and we distribute them for free via our website. We do this using standard download modules.

Problem is that librarians and scientists like to have a lot more metadata then the current download modules allow - author, year, place published etc. etc. etc. In a large collection it helps them search, and having the records catalogued against a recognised system means they can be exported to other collections and databases.

There are many different schemes for classifying books, so it would great if the number, type and names of the fields in a library module could be customised to suit different cataloguing systems and also other applications (if its customisable it could just as easily be a catalogue of motorcycle parts).

It would also be great if the records could be exported in xml. There are zillions of standalone library softwares out there, so being able to export the collection to a totally different platform would be extremely useful.

If anyone has any ideas or is working on something similar please let me know.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits