abyan
The Arabic language support web site want us to put advertisments
  • 2005/4/17 0:12

• abyan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/23

The Arabic language support web site www.dndon.com want us to put advertisements, his panner, in the sites that uses arabic version!. Is this part of the terms of use of Xoops, or it is his terms of use?
Can he put his terms just by translating?
I translated some modules that are not in that site. Can I claim ownership of the arabic version?
Please I need answers from the developers of this good program and its users.
Thanks

Anonymous
Re: The Arabic language support web site want us to put advertisments
  • 2005/4/17 3:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi abyan,

dndon.com is 1# arabic support for XOOPS and webmaster is fuga, he is put dndon panner in arabic XOOPS package as advertisements, and you can REMOVE it same as XOOPS banners.

Banners can controling and moderated via admin pannel, so you can leave dndon.com and add anothers or remove it as you wish.

Any way webmaster of dndon.com still alive ... you can ask him

abyan
  • 2005/4/17 5:41

• abyan

• Just popping in

Hello,
I posted here after I asked him and when he saw that his banner is not in my site, he removed me from his forum.
Even though, I mentioned his arabic support in my about link.

abyan
  • 2005/4/17 5:43

• abyan

• Just popping in

you can see from this link why he removed me. Just for not posting his banner.

link to dndon post

Mithrandir

As I don't speak or read Arabic, maybe you can direct him to this post?

XOOPS is free
XOOPS is voluntary
XOOPS is to be used in any way allowed under the GPL

Noone can force anyone else to have links, banners or other information related to another site, simply because he or she is using XOOPS or XOOPS-derived software. The GPL specifically says so.
Noone can distribute XOOPS or XOOPS-derived software under a license not compatible with the GPL. The GPL specifically says so.

When that is said and done, the XOOPS organisation has no jurisdiction over local support sites and we cannot tell local support sites how to behave on their own site except ultimately by removing their status as local support site, featured on this site. The question is whether this incident is grave enough to warrant exclusion. It may just be a misunderstanding, so until we have more facts, I am not going to go further with it than the above statement.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
  • 2005/4/17 12:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi abyan,

As Mithrandir tolde you, XOOPS is free!
but fuga ( webmaster of dndon.com ) give helpdesk for pepole that make advertisement for his site.

So you can remove his banner but you can't enforce him to support you.

Anyway remove his banner and you can ask here in this forum, it's FREE

abyan
  • 2005/4/17 17:53

• abyan

• Just popping in

Thank you Mithrandir and Mowaffak for your kind explanation.

m0nty
  • 2005/4/17 18:57

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

kinda defeats the idea of an official local support site tho if u have to goto another site that isn't in your native language to get support because you don't want to have a banner advert on your site. it's not good PR for XOOPS as a whole, when their official support sites stipulate those conditions.

I think at least for a site to become an 'OFFICIAL' Support site then they must at least adhere to 'some' of the official xoops.org standards :S i can't read arabic either so i dunno exactly what was said in that thread.

meme
  • 2005/4/18 14:26

• meme

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/12/10

hi ( salam )

i am Fuga you are banned from site .. u just use my translated ( modules,themes,hacks,patches and patches ) you dont have any XOOPS things translated by you !!

xoops is free and powerd by you .. if you talking about support there are many users banned from xoops.org and you are one of dndon.com banned users

you can download XOOPS things for free from my downloads section but you can not get my support or login because you are banned

click here to see my article about you abyan

Mithrandir

Quote:
there are many users banned from xoops.org and you are one of dndon.com banned users

Users banned from xoops.org are banned due to actions performed on xoops.org

Quote:
u just use my translated ( modules,themes,hacks,patches and patches ) you dont have any XOOPS things translated by you !!

Should we also close the forums for anyone, who hasn't contributed to XOOPS? Loads of people merely download XOOPS and install it on their websites. The skilled ones remove any trace of "XOOPS'ification" whatsoever. Should we ban them from here?

You are of course free to do whatever you want on your site, but I agree that it is poor form for an official support site to bar users from getting support based on what they do - or don't do - on their own sites.

We don't have a specific ruleset for support sites to follow, but perhaps we should. If there are other reasons for banning the user that you don't want to broadcast to the world, just PM me and I may change my mind, but right at this moment, I'm feeling very inclined to discuss with the Core Team, whether your site should be listed in our local support section.

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits