comptech2002
installation

I am fairly new at doing PhP web sites. But i am needing something easy and quic to use w/o having to have aftp client installed at work. I get everything done but when i get to the Physical Path I run into a lot of issue. These are the paths i use.
C:/xoop
http://mytech-world.net/xoops
/home/xoops
/xoops
/
All fo these return some sort of error saying that the directory couldnt be located. Now if i use the "/" i get this "Could not detect the physical path to your XOOPS directory". But if i use anything else i get that along with this "Physical path must be a directory". Now i know the instruction you all are using is if your hosting your own web site, and i am not hosting my own site in this case. I have looked at my physical location on their server and it is root>xoops. but for some reason i cant get the software to reconize it..Please help LOL i need sleep LOL

jdseymour
Re: installation

If it is on a hosted linux/unix web server the physical path should look something like this:

/home/Your_username/public_html

public_html being the root site folder that XOOPS in installed in.

Your host should be able to give you your path.

HTH.

comptech2002

Ok i contacted yahoo who my domain is hosted by. ANd they have no idea what i am talking bout. they could tell the differance between a pop tart and rain forest. So though some testing this is what i have gotten so far

when i do
/home

I will get his single error message "Could not detect the physical path to your XOOPS directory"

also when i open up my FTP client it shoudl also give me my path. This is what i get for my ftp path

/willtempmal@sbcglobal.net

so i tried

/home/willtempmak@sbcglobal.net/xoops

which still give the directory error meesage

Dave_L
  • 2005/4/15 18:08

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Add a script named phpinfo.php with contents:

<?php phpinfo() ?>

That will show you the needed information. In particular, look at the following variables in the PHP Variables section: _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"], _SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"].

Save the output from the script, and protect, hide or delete the script, since the information it displays could be useful to someone trying to abuse your server account.

comptech2002

Ok when it comes to PHP i am stupid unless it give me a walk though install. Where do i add this script at...?

m0nty
  • 2005/4/15 19:47

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

add it to the same folder as your mainfile.php and then call it from the browser

for example:http://www.yourdomain.com/xoops/phpinfo.php

jdseymour

Here is a Faq Page that explains how to use that script.

HTH.

comptech2002

Ok i will do that now guys thanks and i will let you know the damge i caused

comptech2002

Ok here is what i got on the out put

_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] /

_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"] /phpinfo.php

comptech2002

Ok i got those 2 items listed but i alrdy knew the root was "/"....Sorry i am sounding like a complete idot but i am to PhP....

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits