hooperman
RSS feeds and being updated
  • 2005/4/14 9:37

• hooperman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/20

Have noticed on occasions my rss feeds that are shown on other sites do not appear to get updated despite using various ping sites.
I'm positive it's not a problem with XOOPS but has anyone any tips for ensuring your feed gets updated quickly?
Thanx in advance

hooperman
Re: RSS feeds and being updated
  • 2005/4/15 12:51

• hooperman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/20

Whoops turning on Cache in admin sorted it out

josecruz
  • 2005/5/28 1:56

• josecruz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/28

Hi Hooperman,

I too was havng a cache problem. Could you be more specific about what fixed the problem for you? Which module cache (news?) did you turn on. BTW, my original guess was that there was hidden cache that I had to turn OFF in order to get my rss feed to update to the clients. I guess I was wrong.

Jose

josecruz
  • 2005/5/28 2:09

• josecruz

• Just popping in

Hey Hooperman,

I took a look for myself at what caching would do. As soon as I turned caching on in the system preferences, bam, my rss client (iPodderX) updated my feed. I have my cache for news 1.3 running on XOOPS 2.0.10 set at 1 minute. Thanks very much for the lead info.

Now I have a different question. I've never really used the caches very much so I don't know how they work. How will raising the cache time affect my module performance? Can anyone point me to some relevant docs about that?

Jose

josecruz
  • 2005/5/28 2:15

• josecruz

• Just popping in

Me again,

I found this for myself in the XOOPS docs:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=297

There was link to Wolf factory for a more detailed tutorial, but it seems unavailabe as I write this post.

Otherwise, the description of how caching works is what I imagined it, which is why I didn't think turning caching ON would solve my issue with rss clients not updating my site.

Anyone with any other info? Otherwise I'm just happy that my feed updates properly now.

Jose

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits