tekchip
Gold theme and browser issues.
  • 2005/4/12 21:35

• tekchip

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

Silly little small issue but kind of annoying. I've taken a copy of the Gold theme from the XOOPS theme repository and modified it slightly for my site. Majority of the code is as is. Mostly color changes in the css. The problem is that in Firefox the file bg-tab-menu.gif does not get displayed but only in the top two bars on the page that surround the header area. In IE they show up fine. I've compared the resulting html and they seem to match perfectly. I've looked carefully at the surrounding html code and nothing seems to be missing or broken. It's the default theme at iccbf.com. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

risto
Re: Gold theme and browser issues.
  • 2005/4/12 21:57

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/16

http://www.iccbf.com/

Directory Listing Denied

can't help you till I see it

tekchip
  • 2005/4/13 2:11

• tekchip

• Just popping in

I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I can hit the page fine and have been making updates. I've had some other people say they have similar issues. It was down over the weekend. I think it might be dns or caching related. Mind giving it another shot tommorrow?

kavaXtreme
  • 2005/4/13 8:42

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

• Since: 2005/1/17

I get the same error message in Firefox. In IE it describes it as:
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
You are not authorized to view this page

1. Are your files in the public_html folder?
2. If yes, CHMOD 755. (I do this through my FTP client. Right click on the folder, choose properties, and set the appropriate read, write, execute values.)
3. Also check your permissions for your anonymous users group in Xoops.

tekchip
  • 2005/4/14 2:59

• tekchip

• Just popping in

Apparently you didn't read my last post. It did turn out to be a dns issue at my provider. We got it ironed out. The site should be functional for you all some time with in the next 12 hours or so as the new dns entry trickles down. Thanks for keeping an eye on this post and trying to offer help but the real issue should be visible soon.

tekchip
  • 2005/4/18 0:27

• tekchip

• Just popping in

Ok the site is most definately fixed by now. Would some one mind taking a look at that little graphical issue now!? It would be much appreciated.

Chappy
  • 2005/4/18 4:30

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

I'm probably wrong, but I suspect that I can narrow down the issue for you. In all the other locations on the page, except around the header, you ARE calling a css class- "blockTitle". In the two header area locations, you ARE NOT calling a css class. I believe that the css is overrriding the html. Work out the conflicts there - add the css call "blockTitle" to the two calls for that around the header. Here's a couple of examples of the differences:

NO CSS CALLED(the two areas around the header:
Quote:
<tr><td background="http://www.iccbf.com/themes/dev2/bg-tab-menu.gif"></td></tr></table>

CSS CALLED (the rest of the page)
Quote:
<tr><td background="http://www.iccbf.com/themes/dev2/bg-tab-menu.gif" class="blockTitle">&nbsp;Main Menu</td></tr>

Hope this helps

PS Firefox, being more standards oriented, will not make guess as to what you want. IE guesses a lot of the time.

kavaXtreme
  • 2005/4/18 19:34

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

• Since: 2005/1/17

Chappy is right. The problem is that in xhtml there is no "background" attribute for the <td> tag. The background image has to be called from CSS. Fortunately this is pretty easy to do. You could do something like:
Add
class=titlebarbg
to the two <td> tags in theme.html that need it.

And
.titlebarbg {background: url("bg-tab-menu.gif");}
to style.css.
Btw, that theme on your site does not validate as valid xhtml in a few other areas too.

tjnemez
  • 2005/4/18 20:31

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

and yet, it works in footer... hmmmm?

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits