raghost
how to high light whole column??
  • 2005/4/10 19:15

• raghost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 2

Hi:

How can I change the css file so when user move their mouse over the form, it auto high light the whole column?, for example: I want go to Bug Report form, I moved my mouse on to that colum that form is located, havn't click yet, than the whole column is high lighted.

(i can change the css file so the font color will change when mouse over, but when i try a:hover, changed the background color, but only the color around the font high lighted when mouse over)

thank you very much

Bassman
Re: how to high light whole column??
  • 2005/4/10 22:47

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

You can't do it just with CSS, you need to add javascript: see here

raghost
  • 2005/4/11 12:51

• raghost

• Just popping in

hi:

thanks for the answer

another quick question

where do i change the setting so all the comment, form post show as flat? i find the comment one in General Settings, but seems not working, what about the form post?

also, where do i put that html code in the form? do i need to go to module and newbbs, and find the block? they don't have css file there though.. do i need to make a new one?

Bassman
  • 2005/4/11 13:04

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

1) Go to Edit Account in User Menu, and change Comments Display Mode to suit.

2) Go to your Template Manager in System Admin, clone your default template set, then set the cloned set as the default set in preferences. Then find the template for the bit you want to edit in the list of templates (ihn the cloned set) and edit it as required.

ackbarr

Bassman: partially correct. According to the CSS spec, any html element can use :hover pseudo tag which means he could have done something like this:
td#column {background-color:transparent;}
td#column:hover {background-color:#FC0;}

However IE (up to version 6) only applies the :hover pseudo tag when used on anchors (<a>); ignoring the selector on any other tag.
Working on the presumption that IE will eventually fix this rendering flaw, you can use the above CSS if you also use a javascript that makes it workable in IE. One of these is IE7, a great project that uses javascript to augment IE's rendering capabilities. In addition, a search for IE :hover yields many solutions to solve this one problem.

raghost
  • 2005/4/11 13:24

• raghost

• Just popping in

hi,

is that means every user need to change the setting on their own? is there an option i can set it as defult?

thanx

Pnooka
  • 2005/4/11 13:24

• Pnooka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Well, i did all this something like this:

<td class="class3" onmouseover="this.className='class1';" onmouseout="this.className='class3';">

And this should work with all browsers.

raghost
  • 2005/4/11 13:31

• raghost

• Just popping in

o, cool

thanks all of you for the help

Bassman
  • 2005/4/11 13:38

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Ackbarr -
Yes, I knew that, but if it doesn't work properly in IE yet, there's not much point in doing it IMHO :) Also, it assumes IE will fix that in the future, which i'm not that confident of :)

raghost
  • 2005/4/11 14:09

• raghost

• Just popping in

umm/.. another question..

how can i set the code so the colume change their color simutaneously when i mouse over one colume?

thank you very much

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits