bfine107
A rideshare module?
  • 2005/4/7 23:47

• bfine107

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

I run a site for a college campus community.
I'd be great to have a module where people could post needs for rides, and be able to look if others are going their way. I'm using a forum currently, but it'd be sweet to have a cool module with a graphical interface.

anyways.

DonXoop
Re: A rideshare module?

Well you found out there isn't one already. So time to be creative.

I'll bet you can do something clever with a calendar module, comments system, and forums. Lots of categories for the routes and time slots perhaps. Users with rides/needs would submit their schedules into the categories where they mix and develop. Ideally you would allow the users with approved schedules to control submissions into their schedules/categories.

Linking to comments and forum posts and maybe maps could tie it together.

Just some random thoughts.

brash
Re: A rideshare module?
  • 2005/4/8 0:05

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Not a coder myself, but what you're after shouldn't be too hard.

You'd need something like these fields;

Destination | Seats Available | Fuel Money Required | Date/Time of departure | Place of departure | Contact Phone Number

You might even want the capcity to specify multiple destinations. You'd also want it so that those posting the items are able to edit it directly (so no admin intervention required) so they can update any details as need be.

THos looking for rides would then be able to filter each field with the option to sort asscending or descending without loosing their filtering options.

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits