mcdermottpa
Problem creating HTML blocks.
  • 2005/4/7 16:19

• mcdermottpa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/6 8

Hey guys,

I'm new to XOOPS so this may be a silly question. I'm trying to make a block that is in html format but when i submit the block all of the lines that start with a "<" are changed to a period ("."). Needless to say the html does not render very well at all. What am I doing wrong? I guess I could just edit the database entries directly but there must be a way to fix this.

Thanks.

mcdermottpa
Re: Problem creating HTML blocks.
  • 2005/4/7 20:42

• mcdermottpa

• Just popping in

I have been working on this know for an hour without any luck. I must be missing something here because if this was a bug others must have found it already. I could not find any other posts but maybe they are out there.

Just to clairify every new line is changed in the "Blocks Administration »» Edit a block" content box when being submited as html. If the first char is "<" it is changed to ".". This must be some kind of input check gone wrong because it completely mangles all the html.

mcdermottpa
  • 2005/4/8 9:34

• mcdermottpa

• Just popping in

Does anyone know how to fix this. It makes HTML blocks just about useless.

skyangelo
  • 2005/4/9 21:18

• skyangelo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 1

Hello,
I just have the same probleme...

I have a htm page with external javascript..
but I try to use edito or Xf-section to import the page to a new block, mais it's just not possible.... something is wrong with the page.....

If anyone knows how to make a new block with html pages, please tell us!!

Thank you very much!!!

mcdermottpa
  • 2005/4/11 7:11

• mcdermottpa

• Just popping in

Hey skyangelo,

Glad to hear this is not an entirely isolated problem. The good news it I figured out the problem! In XOOPS admin the "Preferences Main »» Word Censoring Options" was set to sensor "<|>" and replace it with..... you guessed it ".". So change that and you should be good to go.

No doubt that was an extra security precaution someone setting up my server thought was a good idea. Really I think that the XOOPS programmers have done a good job and can be trusted with having implemented user imput checking . I DID do a few checks and you can't get html into posts without the admin setting it to be allowed.

Login

Who's Online

577 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 577

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits