barbary
Block for Guest Users (ONLY)
  • 2005/4/5 4:10

• barbary

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

I'm working on an installation of XOOPS which is meant for a private community of members only. I've spent hours banging my head on the wall trying to enable a "block" that will ONLY be displayed to GUEST USERS (basically a welcome page telling guests how to apply to join).

What I am getting is this BLOCK is also being displayed to all REGISTERED USERS.

Do registered users get access to all guest users blocks by default? Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Barbary

brash
Re: Block for Guest Users (ONLY)
  • 2005/4/5 4:18

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Easy

1) Create you custom block with the message you want to appear for anonymous users.

2) Go into the XOOPS control panel, and select the groups option from under the System icon.

3) Modify the anonymous group so that it has permissions to the custom block you created.

4) Remove permissions to this custom block for all other groups.

That should do it

barbary
  • 2005/4/5 5:16

• barbary

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

One would think that would work... but NOPE... not even close. My new block shows up when I'm logged in as "registered user" and when I logout and am anonymous... or guest.

It's very strange.. and driving me nuts!

-NORTH

brash
  • 2005/4/5 5:20

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

It should work, I've used this exact method many times. Do you find you are having permission related problems with anything else?

mactoeknee

I have a "welcome guest user" custom block on one of my XOOPS sites, and it is set up exactly as Brash describes, and it works great.

Double check the groups again-- some other group must have access.

Mac T

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits