rafa_mach
Organizing articles in WF-Section
  • 2005/3/30 19:28

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/19

I have a lot of articles published by WF-Section (more than 800!!!) and even though I've been considering switching this content to SoapBox, I would like to know if there's any way I can make the index page for WF-Section look a little bit more organized...

I've been using WF-Section to organize lyrics of songs, as you can see here. The problem is that with so many articles, the index page looks kinda crowded. The user would have to scroll down a lot of screens in order to get to the next category, for example.

First of all, I wanted to know if it would be possible to create pages in this index in order to show, for example, only 25 articles for each category, so that the user could hit "next" or "previous" and browse through the whole list.

Another thing I would really like to do is arrange the articles from the most popular to the least popular inside each category, according to the hits counter. When I went to the module's General Configuration, I chose Popularity (A) for the option "Articles sort order", but I've noticed that the module is organizing the most popular according to the date they have been posted, that is, from old to new. You can check this out here.

I've noticed that it was happening because the first article shown by popularity has only 63 hits and going down the list you can see another article that has 65 hits. Strangely enough, when I scroll all the way down to the "sort by" area and click on the downward arrow for Popularity, the top article has 665 HITS!!!. Check this out!

My question are:
1. What can I do to have a shorter list on the index WF-Section page?
2. How can I organize each category by the most hit articles instead of by date even though I've chosen Popularity in the config area?
3. How come the General Configurations Popularity (A) is not working as good as the Popularity arrow?

Thanks for your help!

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits