WickedLogic
admin.php won't let me login

I've got a strange issue. The site was setup and working literally minutes ago, I was playing around with some theme changes, which all are working fine.

However, not admin.php keeps leaving me on the "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."

It is not the first time, but something somewhere must have changed. I did a diff on my files vs the normal files and there is virtually no difference (theme changes).

Anyone got a suggestion on where in the db I should start looking?

I can login as admin, but none of the admin actions or pages seem to work.

<-scratches head.

Herko
Re: admin.php won't let me login
  • 2005/3/28 18:52

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

make sure you have added your site to your firewall's trusted sites list, and that the cache/ folder is writable by the system on the server.

Herko

WickedLogic

No firewall between the me and the server worth speaking of, and `nobody` has permissions on the cache folder which is the php user, although there are no files in the cache folder (caching was turned off for all the modules I have installed).

I'll keep digging around and will post if I find anything. If you think there is anywhere/anything else I should check please post.

WickedLogic

Got it.

I copied the adminmenu.php over from another installation and everything is fine now. Guess I shouldn't have cleaned out the cache directory.

WickedLogic

Ok, it happened again, so maybe I didn't have anything to do with it the first time. It's a pretty standard shared server setup, with php running as nobody. The cache directory is worldwritable (rwxrwxrwx) so it should be able to create the file itself (if that is what it does).

Is there a reason this file isn't regenerating, should it regenerate? I suppose the better question is why is it being erased, but I'll tackle that once I get it working again.

It normally gets generated on the first login to admin, but it seems be be failing to create it...

Login

Who's Online

569 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 569

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits