bigboaby
Blocks won't remove from forum page!!
  • 2005/3/22 23:23

• bigboaby

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

Hi all, I'm having a problem with my forum page, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Every time I click the link to my website's "Forum" page, the forum is displayed at the very bottom of the screen. I can't see it initially, as I have to scroll down because all the centre blocks from the "Top Page" are displayed at the top the forums page.

I've went into the block admin, and the blocks that are appearing from the top page are ONLY set to "Top Page".

Why is this happening?

What do I have to do so that the forum is the only centre block on the Forum page?

m0nty
Re: Blocks won
  • 2005/3/22 23:29

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i just looked at ur site and it looks ok to me.. have u sorted it?

also, it looks like your forum is the homepage in which case any blocks set as top page will be shown as the homepage is basically the top page..

bigboaby
  • 2005/3/23 0:05

• bigboaby

• Just popping in

You are seeing the main page the way I want my forums page to look! This is because you are unregistered. Please register on my site and then take a look at my "top page", and my "forum" page - they are exactly the same! How do I remove the blocks at the top of the forum page, but kep them on my "top page"?

Help!

bigboaby
  • 2005/3/24 0:02

• bigboaby

• Just popping in

*Bump*

Bassman
  • 2005/3/24 2:10

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I think that's because you have your Forum module set as your "Home Page". I think you'll have to edit each block that appears on that page and just select which pages you do want them to appear on (Cntrl-click in Win)in the "Visible In" area.

bigboaby
  • 2005/3/24 17:14

• bigboaby

• Just popping in

It was only recently that I set "forum" to my home page module. The same thing happens even when I have no module selected for my home page. The reason I chose one is because if you don't, the home page is almost blank for anonymous users.

However, even when I set each individual module from the "top page" only to appear on the "top page", they still display on the forum page too.

Arrrgghh, surely someone knows what to do!!???

bigboaby
  • 2005/3/26 2:50

• bigboaby

• Just popping in

Help!! This is important! You guys know a lot more than I do about this stuff, I'm sure at least one of you can suggest something?

jdseymour

I would say that if the forum is set to your top page all blocks set to the top page will always show, because when in the forum you are on the top page.

A better solution would be to use a forum block on the mtop page, then when you visit the forum you would not be on the top page, and those blocks should not show.

HTH.

Bassman
  • 2005/3/26 4:05

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Did you actually read my post above?
I duplicated your problem, and the only way to do what you want is to do what I suggested:
1) Make note of all the blocks that appear on your Top Page/Forum page.
2) Go to your Blocks Admin area.
3) Select a block that appears on the top page that you want to get of from that page, click on "Edit" at left
4) Deselect the pages you don't want it to appear in by clicking on them so they are NOT highlighted - Top Page and Forum . (In Win, ctrl-click)
5) Click "Submit"
6) Repeat 3-5 above for all blocks you want to remove.

bigboaby
  • 2005/3/26 11:59

• bigboaby

• Just popping in

Yeah, I read it, and I did this, but it didnt hange anything!!

Maybe it's because of what jdseymour said - the top page and the forum page is the same page, but that seems a bit silly of XOOPS to do that.

Login

Who's Online

508 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 508

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits