zakharov
Problem with ArMS 4.0 - Can't get articles to display in proper order
  • 2005/3/22 17:04

• zakharov

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/10

Hey everyone, Zak here.

My site (www.transversegames.com - use user: test-accounts pw: tests if you wish you sign in, though you don't need to) is a pet project of mine and several very close friends. We've all worked or have had a lot if interest in the gaming industry and the site is the home of the fruit of our labors on this side project we've been working on for several years.

The main problem I'm having is that we are using ArMS as part of our "two pronged delivery" method on the site. The first of which is to download the "books" in PDF format, the second is to have a constantly updated version online using ArMS. This way if we screw up, we can correct it. If people want to share their thoughts and opinions, they can. Then when the next time comes along, we take all the text in ArMS, get everything and set up, and viola, new PDF document.

The problem is, ArMS displays the articles based on post date, meaning that once an author finishes a chapter in their book and goes to start another, the second would appear over the first one, when it should be the other way around.

I've loaded the ArMS directory into Dreamweaver and did a search for "sort by date asc" or whatever the string is (I'm tired) and I couldn't find anything, even with several variations. The only thing I can seem to link it too is "arms_loop" and "$arms_articals" in view.php.

Is there anyway I can get ArMS to display the other way around, with newer posts on the bottom?

zakharov
Re: Problem with ArMS 4.0 - Can't get articles to display in proper order
  • 2005/3/22 23:01

• zakharov

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/10

A couple hours of sleep has led me to find that it is rather as simple of replacing "DESC" with "ASC". The question is, which one? I've pinned it down to filter.php, functions_general.php, search.php and view.php. Before I go on a tweak-fest, anyone have any idea where I should begin?

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits