dickinsd
Xoops PM, Can I change the way you select who you want to send the message to?
  • 2005/3/20 10:49

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello.

I wonder if any of you people can help me.

When I use the Inbox or PM feature, I have a list of members to choose from, at the moment this is OK, as the member numbers are small, but looking at a site like Xoops.org, were the member list is huge it make finding a person in that list a little more difficult.

I wonder if there is a way of adding one or both of the following:

1: The Ability to just type the username into a To field

2: A Link to Members so that you can click on the persons name and it then take you back to the XOOPS PM module so that you can type your message.

Do you guys know of a way of doing one or both of them?
Or of a module that will do it for you?

Dave

jdseymour
Re: Xoops PM, Can I change the way you select who you want to send the message to?

Xoops built in membership module has a search function. Click on members in the Community menu on this site and you will see what I mean.

As far as clicking on a name that is pretty much standard. Click on any name on any post and you are taken to that users profile with a button for PM on the page.

I also use xmmemberstats that gives a pretty list of members, as well as showing who is logged in at the moment. xmmemberstats can be found At XOOPS Malaysia.

HTH.

dickinsd
Re: Xoops PM, Can I change the way you select who you want to send the message to?
  • 2005/3/20 11:29

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Thanks for the link.

Dave

chapi
  • 2005/3/20 11:31

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

You could also take a look at Wanikoo's PM Hack.

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits