theswing
Tinycontent Main Menu Items
  • 2005/3/17 6:25

• theswing

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/4 4

Okay friends, I'm clearly missing something simple here.

I'm using tinycontent, and as long as I add the content using their editor and specify that the item should be visible and a submenu item, I can view the content.

However, what I would like to do is create a custom block, with menu items for each item.

I attempted to do so manually, and the content would not show up.

I visited a great guitar sitehttp://www.guitargearheads.com/ and swa that he was using tinycontent and doing exactly what I want to do - so I know it can be done.

I even downloaded the tinycontent usage PDF, and read it, and the author mentions that it can be done, then says that he isn't going to cover how to do it!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

John

theswing
Re: Tinycontent Main Menu Items
  • 2005/3/18 8:59

• theswing

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/4 4

Okay after considerable farting around, I magnaged to do what I wanted, however, nbow I can;t get rid of the initial menu and sub menus! AAARRGGHH.

I tried unchecking the "visible" box, I tried turning off access to the module - which of course mean that the menu items I wanted to have didn't work.

Oddly, the block which I want to remove doesn't show up in my "block" menu within the admin area, but I can;t get rid of it on the index page!

Again, I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks.
John

dickinsd
Re: Tinycontent Main Menu Items
  • 2005/3/31 20:04

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

If you have managed to make links for your static pages either in the Main menu or in a seperate block (either option is possible) and you now want to remove TinyContent and its sub menus from you main menu then:

Goto the Administration area goto System and to modules.

Look for TinyContent and set its order to 0

This Hides TinyContent from your main menu.

You can use this for any of the modules you do not want on your main menu.

Alternativly you can create a new Main menu with the items you want to appear using something like MultiMenu

Hope that helps, let me know if you need me to clear anything up.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits