ddevore
Easy Downloads module
  • 2005/3/15 2:44

• ddevore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

I am looking for a downloading module that has easy uploading capabilities. I have tried downloads and downloads+ and both use a url for the uploads. I need something that will allow a browse button for uploading files from the local computer. I like the way that newsB 2.02 does it, though I am having a problem with it uploading when running on my local windows xp server.

Anyway is there a module for downloads that will allow easy uploading from the local computer as well as linking with files that already exist and have the capability of thumbnails.

BTW I also need security for my custom groups included and the ability to set the group access at upload time.

I am so close to having this site done..

jdseymour
Re: Easy Downloads module

I have found WF-Downloads best in this area. Plus it is highly configurable permission wise.

ddevore
  • 2005/3/15 3:35

• ddevore

• Just popping in

Once again I would like to thank you for the help. This works great but I do have one question about it.

I have the waiting content block but it is not reporting anything waiting for me. Actually I have installed a lot of modules over the last week and haven't seen that for any of the modules yet. What am I missing here?

ddevore
  • 2005/3/15 16:53

• ddevore

• Just popping in

Ok so far so good for the wf-downloads.

One problem though and I have look everywhere I can for permissions and such and could not get this answered.

I have a test account for a custom group and I uploaded a file a group that that account has submit approve and view authorization for. I also, since this is an internal site, have auto approve on. When the user uploads the file the file goes in and is ready for download. I confirm this by checking the download in another browser with admin access. When the custom group user window reloads though the download is not there. In the admin window I check the file and it had been approved automatically for dl by webmaster and registered only. How do I get it to be approved for all users/groups that have access to that area?

Once again Thank you for all your help. I would put your name in the site credits if I had any site credits.. I will do that in my first public XOOPS site. Which is under development at SoP Snipers if you would like to take a look. It is not complete but I will take any comments on it.

[edit]
Found another problem..It is not letting me add a file with the extension .doc I have tried to update the mime type and yes it is turned on. I also added a xls type and it is working just fine, but .doc is not. Though I need a fix for this for my public sites I would like to know if I can add a *.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits