SillDude
Database copy
  • 2005/3/14 21:39

• SillDude

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/20

I have made a new XOOPS site and now i want to copy my forum to the new site... does some1 know if u can copy your database to a other table ?

jdseymour
Re: Database copy

Yes you can without too much trouble.

Assuming that you have PHPmyadmin, select all tables that pertain to the Forum and choose Export.

Now is where some options come into play. If your new forum does not have any existing post that you want to keep choose the option:

Add Drop Table (if exist)

This will drop and recreate the tables with your data entered into the tables. I am assuming that is what you are doing.

Now you may have to edit the SQL file to reflect any change in database name or prefix.

HTH.

gestroud
Re: Database copy
  • 2005/8/13 18:02

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Yes you can without too much trouble.

Assuming that you have PHPmyadmin, select all tables that pertain to the Forum and choose Export.

Now is where some options come into play. If your new forum does not have any existing post that you want to keep choose the option:

Add Drop Table (if exist)

This will drop and recreate the tables with your data entered into the tables. I am assuming that is what you are doing.

Now you may have to edit the SQL file to reflect any change in database name or prefix.

HTH.

I've been trying to figure out how to copy 184 categories from one site to another. You don't know how much time and trouble you just saved me! Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits