kesikkafa
Google cant find my xoops site
  • 2005/3/9 19:39

• kesikkafa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 2

hello

http://www.kesikkafa.com is my web site.

i add a news to my main page.then i make a search about that news on google.but google finds nothing on my web site.i am registered user of google and it finds some things on my forums www.kesikkafa.com/forum

what can i do about this issue

hyperpod
Re: Google cant find my xoops site
  • 2005/3/9 19:43

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

for starters, make a real front page by not setting a default module to be redirected to.

You need a page that comes up on:

http://www.kesikkafa.com

not:

http://www.kesikkafa.com/xo/modules/news/

then it will be more google friendly.

Cheers,

Mithrandir

How long do you give it between posting the news and searching for it on Google?

kesikkafa
  • 2005/3/10 12:01

• kesikkafa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 2

nearly 1 week.. should i wait more?? or hyperpod s idea right?

Alan-A
  • 2005/3/10 13:02

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

@Daniel
do you mean that it's better to have a dummy html start page which then automatically (java script?) redirects a visitor to Xoops, rather than a module which is shown in the standard XOOPS home page?

Alan

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/10 14:59

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

dummy html start page?

not even...

the most optimal way to get picked up is to have a kick ass home page on your root URL.

xoops is great for this. using a combination of module's blocks and custom blocks, you should be able to get whatever you want on your front page.

As far as i know, some search engines, like google dont really like redirects from the root domain name. I could be wrong and they could change it anytime, but whatever your site is about, an index of all the inside content, should be cleanly, precicely summarized on the front page, or the root index.

xoops modules cannot be easily indexed by google when the page contains a bunch of dynamic variables, but this applies to ANY dynamic CMS.

The solution here would be to implement mod_rewrite, which is usually a custom solution for each module you want to install.

The best trick of all, is just to have pure organized content... If you have to 'trick' the search engines, then you are doing something wrong already.

Best Regards,

JasonMR
  • 2005/3/10 15:39

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a complex subject.

May I suggest taking a look at what a search on xoops.org reveals on the subject, as this is more 'on topic' (XOOPS), than a general google.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits