TCwho
New Registration = No, but cant make modules public to all...
  • 2005/3/6 8:49

• TCwho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/17

Hello everyone.

I have followed:
Quote:
In admin->system->user info settings you can set "allow new user registration" to "no". Then turn off the login block. (invisible)

For you to administer your site you go directly to the user.php page to login. Then you can either type in the admin.php page, or make the user menu block visible to webmaster group only. You as administrator must be able to login to reach admin and this is how you can do it.

Make sure you make all your modules and blocks visible for anonymous group and there you have it. No site levels, all public, except you the admin.

I have turned new registration to NO. But I cant get the Contact Us, Downloads, Links, Main Menu, etc to appear for everyone. I have looked in System>>Blocks but cant find it. I cant even find the Contact Us settings to show or hide...

any help will be apreciated . Thank you.

Stewdio
Re: New Registration = No, but cant make modules public to all...
  • 2005/3/6 9:02

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

System Blocks is the right start, but you also need to look under your group settings and give permissions to your user groups.

When you create a new block (or enable one), you the administrator will see it by default, however, other users will not. (Anonymous users for instance).

To fix this, just go into groups admin, open the anonymous section and check off the blocks you want all users to have access too.

TCwho
Re: New Registration = No, but cant make modules public to all...
  • 2005/3/6 9:38

• TCwho

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/17

THANK YOU!

I really appreciate the help.

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits