brash
xDonation Enhancements Pledge Thread
  • 2005/3/1 13:24

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

Myself and a few others are looking to employ an XOOPS developer to give the xDonations module a good work over to include the following funtionality and modifications;

1) Donation Levels
Admin definable donation levels can be created that then require the user to donate that amount for the actions attached to that donation level to be executed. For example being added to a certain XOOPS group(s).

2) Donation Expiration
Users must donate X amount every X amount of time or they are removed from specified XOOPS groups

3) Project Donations
Admin definable projects so that a user can donate towards a specific project when they donate their money. For instance you could start a project to buy a new server for your website which users could then select to donate specifically to when donating.

4)Plug-in Style Gateway Interface
A plug-in interface will greatly simplify the task of being able to add support for different payment methods. For example you'd have one plug-in for PayPal, and another for Amazon, and another for NoCheck, etc...

5)Donation Record Tracking
Donation tracking admin interface so that the admin can view, sort and filter donation records based on Name, XOOPS username, date, gateway, amount, etc. All transactions to be downloadable in a CSV file format.

6) Various small changes to module to clean up interface and operation.

This is only a very basic outline, but at this stage we are just wanting to get an idea of wether or not other people would be willing to contribute to the project. Basic idea is we get the above work done, get it tested and implemented on our own sites and then release it back to the XOOPS community.

We are looking to get this project rolling ASAP, so we are mainly interested in those willing to contribute a significant amount ($100USD or more) so as to reduce the time taken to chasing up pledges at crunch time (although all contributions would be welcome ).

At present there is no lead developer for the xDonations module as bd_cmsc has left the XOOPS dev community. The only other options for a payment gateway for XOOPS at present is to use a 3rd party module such as aMember which is very good, but will also cost your several hundred dollars to buy. It is the aim of this project to try an offer the XOOPS community a half way decent payment gateway module that is free of charge.

P.S - Almost forgot , if you wish to contribute but would prefer to do it privately, feel free to send me a PM .

brash
Re: xDonation Enhancements Pledge Thread
  • 2005/3/2 0:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

^bump^

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/2 9:33

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

I already have a solution for item #1, and I would like to release it after some more refinement for users. It works, but by no means is it ready for regular users to install and run. Thats why im currently offering it as a custom solution for any XOOPS site that needs PayPal / IPN Membership features installed. I have to go in and edit for the sites custom Groups and also make sure the PayPal options are all set correctly.

A PayPal subscriptions solutions that can be integrated with any site... It has to be customized to match their group/membership options.

Plus there can be more work done on it, as always, to make it easier to use, if it were to be released.

Its got a built in database for tracking all subscribes, cancels, changes....from paypal, even customers mailing address can be collected if needed for other options.

The module uses Instant Payment Notification to upgrade the regged user instantly to any predefined XOOPS group for instant access to the content.

I read the msgs from the xD thread. and noticed one of the seg

I noticed when bd_csmc asked for devs to pick up his projects.

I do agree and have heard the chatter about needing A donations/pledge system and I think this is a great idea.

Im in as a PHP Developer.

How do i get officially appointed?

bd_csmc: can you add me as dev on xDonations?

Best Regards,

brash
  • 2005/3/3 3:49

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi hyperpod,

I suppose that you could just try contacting Mith or someone on the dev site if you wish to become one of the xDonation dev's.

The modifications we are looking at are quite extensive and I imagine will take someone quite experienced with XOOPS to implement properly. No doubt there will be a high price tag as well, which is the point of this thread as at present I have about $400USD worth of pledges and I'd think we'll need close to double this to get the job done to an A1 standard.

C'mon people! A module like the one above will mean that the entire XOOPS community will have a decent payment gateway module so that you don't have to shell out big $$ for a 3rd party solution. Keep those pledges coming

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/3 8:48

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Which other developers are planning to work on this?

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits