rominus
Still no portrait upload?
  • 2005/2/27 20:09

• rominus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/27

Hi guys, before I start complaining just wanted to say XOOPS is excellent.

I have browsed through this forum and seen countless amounts of XOOPS users asking for a module or hack to be able to let users upload a picture (NOT an avatar coz they are too small) on their profile.

Here is an example to give you an idea: Profile ID Card

This webmaster has implemented an "ID Card" into the user profile which lets them upload a pic and add useful info to their profiles.

Unfortunately I couldnt get him to distribute his personal hack.
Anyone willing to work on it/found a similar hack?

-friend finder is too advanced (like a dating site)
-avatars are no good as well as they should be used for their original purpose (little image in forum next to name)

Thanks for your help,

Rom (www.topclubs.net)

rominus
Re: Still no portrait upload?
  • 2005/3/5 18:50

• rominus

• Just popping in

So noonne knows what module is used?

I am asking because so many people on this forum have asked for a simple picture upload in users profiles and noone has ever done a module or hack!

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/5 19:24

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

I am currently working on a module called Profiles.
This will allow users to create an extended profile.

There are no plans yet to integrate it with XOOPS userinfo.

I was planning to allow the user to add the link to his extended profile from his sig.

This might not be what you need, but maybe it could work.

Still need to add the image upload part, but thats coming next, so i will make a release for Profiles with this.

Regards,

_Dan

rominus
  • 2005/3/6 1:42

• rominus

• Just popping in

Hey Dan thanks for your answer!

Your module sounds like it's what i needed.
I can't wait to see it. I know its always hard to put a release date on a project...but more like 1,3 or 6 months?

I just don't understand why noone has ever done an image upload module, its essential for member interaction!

Anyway good luck with this one Dan!

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/7 23:33

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

less than 1 month :)

Im working on the image uploader next and need to finish the part allowing users to add limited HTML to their profile description.

Regards,

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/22 13:40

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

Here is the Profiles v0.7 module.

It allows users to edit profile and upload image.

can be used for all sorts of things.

http://www.hyperpod.net/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=4

Best Regards,

rominus
  • 2005/3/22 20:24

• rominus

• Just popping in

Great thanks so much man!

Are there any bugs that you know of? What I mean is are there any chances it can crash my XOOPS or is it perfectly safe?

Rom

rominus
  • 2005/3/22 21:02

• rominus

• Just popping in

OK I installed it it is AWESOME man!

I have three recommendations:

1/ Is there a way to link XOOPS member user info data to the corresponding profiles? And members can only create ONE profile, right? Otherwise we cannot know which member posted what profile!!

2/ Its a pity you can only upload a pic only after creating the profile with the Edit option. This can confuse some less savy users...

3/ Can you tell me how to change the "list" option in the profiles to something else, for example "About Me", plus a quite description underneath explaining what type of info users need to input in this box. (ie which file to edit and where, my PHP coding skills are... non-existant!)

Otherwise great module man, very good work, it's just what I needed. Thanks again!

hyperpod
  • 2005/3/22 22:23

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

Thanks! I hope you can find it useful.

Quote:
1/ Is there a way to link XOOPS member user info data to the corresponding profiles? And members can only create ONE profile, right? Otherwise we cannot know which member posted what profile!!

There are several ways to link it in... I would recommend asking the users to link to their extended profile from their signature. That way there is a link from their XOOPS user profile and one from their sig if they post on the forums.

Right now admins or users can create any number of profiles. Although they normally need to create one.

There may be some merit to have a 1 profile limit for reg users, I may add this in the next version.

Quote:
2/ Its a pity you can only upload a pic only after creating the profile with the Edit option. This can confuse some less savy users...

Well, it does take more than one step to get the profile added with image at this point. This was meant to make it easier to add a profile, initially.
There should prolly be some explanantion on the site about this, with information on what the upload image dimensions should be.

I might add GD resizer, although not every host has this, so its important to do it the hard way first.

Quote:
3/ Can you tell me how to change the "list" option in the profiles to something else, for example "About Me", plus a quite description underneath explaining what type of info users need to input in this box.

You can simply edit the /modules/profiles/language/english/main.php language file.

the vars to look for to change 'List' are:
define("_MD_PR_PLIST","List");
define("_MD_PR_LIST","List");

You could edit the last one with more text info about what should be added here.

Best Regards,

rominus
  • 2005/3/22 23:19

• rominus

• Just popping in

Thanks a lot dude!

I managed to change the variables perfectly.

It would be really cool if the module automatically added a link to the original user info page. (so that people can be directed to the original profile!)

Kind Regards,

Rom

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits