scruffy
Mail Problems
  • 2005/2/25 9:33

• scruffy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/23

Just a query,

I have set up my XOOPS and installed - now its working perfectly, only problem is that it doesnt fire any emails off - if someone registers, it says it has sent an activaion email, but it doesnt. I can switch this off in the control pannel to register automaticaaly - but prefreably, if its a easy fix would be nice.

Does anyone know why this may be happeneing?

Thanks

ManXP
Re: Mail Problems
  • 2005/2/25 9:43

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

You won't be happy after my answer. It seems, that mail bug wasn't fixed and if you will search forums for this problem, you will find hundreds of posts about this problem. No one was able to fix it, you are not alone with this problem.

I was tyring to fix it some time ago (by repairing sql), worked a little and stopped again.

scruffy
  • 2005/2/25 9:48

• scruffy

• Just popping in

Its not so major, the really odd thing with this though, is i used to use XOOPS (the exact same version) with my old web hosting company and it worked fine, i didnt even find one bug and the email notification worked a treat.

So this is why i am so confused - in effect i have only changed the hosting company and is on the same type of apache server - so im lost as to why it doesnt work!

I think logics is out of the window on this one.

ManXP
  • 2005/2/25 9:50

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Ok, do this:

Install Invision Power Board for example, which uses phpmail function too. And check if it will send mails. It will do.

scruffy
  • 2005/2/25 9:55

• scruffy

• Just popping in

The only thing with invision powerboard is that it will use a separate db or wont be integrated with the site - well im led to believe this...

ManXP
  • 2005/2/25 9:56

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Please look at othet topic below, i wrote about hosts there

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits