luftikus143
Document Upload and Metadata Management System

Hi,

I donwloaded and tested a couple of the existing File and Doc Upload modules, but none was satisfaying. I need a tool which enables the upload of pdf and doc files, if possible with a screenshot of the cover page separately. But more important is the need of entering some basic metadata (some Dublin & Core) - such as when the doc was published, who the creator is etc.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot.

carnuke
Re: Document Upload and Metadata Management System
  • 2005/2/23 9:02

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Could I suggest then, wfdownloads module

1- allows uploads to your server/admins and users
2- screenshots available per item
3- descriptive fields per item
4- mime type control for any type.
5- Dublin core metadata is usually part of the document anyway

You'll find a link for the module HERE

luftikus143

Hmm, just tried about the 10th module, this time I came back to an initial installation which I din't follow up in depth: Document Management System (http://www.23cc.com/programs). It does the upload correctly. But still, no metadata...

luftikus143

Hmm, gush, I tried that one.... Ok, thanks, I will go back and try to get a bit deeper into it... Sorry.. Ah, no, I just see now that's not the wfsection but wfdownload... Aha...

carnuke
  • 2005/2/23 9:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Aha ... yes, it's different to wf sections. Its a true file upload module. You may also be able to hack the details fields to make metada entries if you want

luftikus143

So far, so good. Yepp, I will see if I can add a couple of new metadata fields. But in general the module looks pretty nice. Thanks for the hint!

luftikus143

Is it really true that there is no pdf support for this module? Gush, that would be a major downside. I mean, ok, it is not a document but a file management system. But pdf should be a must-have, no?

Thanks for any help.

luftikus143

Ok, found the solution. The mime_user column in the database table is set to 0. One has to change it to 1 so that a user can upload pdf files too.

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits