psychicadvis
Database Name on Host??

Database Name
The name of database on the host. The installer will attempt to create the database if not exist
What will I add to this in the 3rd page of the wizard??

jdseymour
Re: Database Name on Host??

That will depend on the provider. You may not be able to create a database with the installation wizard. You may have to create the database first. The wizard will create and populate the tables.

Usually the format for a database name is "username_name".

for instance if the username is Alfred and the database name will be XOOPS then the database name entry will be "Alfred_xoops".

The host is usually localhost, unless you are told otherwise by your hosting company. So leave that at localhost in most cases.

HTH.

psychicadvis

Ok this is what is coming back
Connection to database server is OK.
Database liveadvi_xoops does not exists.

I tried several differant ways, and then I left it blan to see if it would creat on? How could I go about making and database to put in this field? Thanks for anwsering so fast

jdseymour

If you have a cPanel hosting account just go to the MySQL link in the control panel. You can create databases, add users, set permissions there.

psychicadvis

Ok I don't see that part but I logged in under cpanel and I see database in there i see ware I can add and user name and passowrd? Is this it?

psychicadvis

tytytyty Got It!!
it was this
liveadvi_panel_b20

jdseymour

Good job and congradulations.

But edit out your database name, that is a security risk having it public.

psychicadvis

I can't belive how easy this was I mean yeah I had and few Q's of coarse but for someone like me to not know anything at all about this stuff and for it to be that easy to do I am amazed.The format of it is very famuliar to me cause I played around with simular stuff but now here it goes I going to try to add the temp,ate.LOL Lets see how this goes I am sure well to!!

Login

Who's Online

460 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 460

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits