psychicadvis
website server root

Ok I just downloaded th cuteftp to transfer the html files over to my " website server root",ok what is it and how do I get to it?

JMorris
Re: website server root
  • 2005/2/18 3:36

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

When you connect to your web hosting account using cuteftp, you could see a listing of folders, or no folders at all; it depends on your web host.

The web root just simply refers to the folder you are supposed to drop all html/php files to be displayed to the public. Since I don't know the folder structure of your hosting account, I can't say where exactly you need to put these files.

Something like this is generally spelled out for you by your web host. You may want to check the FAQ section of your web host's site to see if they explicitly tell you what the folder name is. Alternatively, you could just post back here with what you see when you connect to your hosting account.

psychicadvis

Ok now I just used the cuteftp to upload and it all went well, so now what I am having trouble with is I got to copy my XOOPS html file over into my public_html file section thingy.
Ok when I typed this in
http://liveadvice247.com/xoops-2.0.9.2/
It prought me to and like folder thing with
Parent Directory
docs/
extra/
html/
Now when I typed in for the wizard part to start I typed this
http://liveadvice247.com/xoops-2.0.9.2/html/install/index.php
so does all this look right so far??
But of coarse I still have to copy all the html files from XOOPS to the public_html(Right?) How do I do this?or do i just reupload the html file into that sections???
Thanks for all of your help!

JMorris
  • 2005/2/18 23:19

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Unless you plan to run multiple websites, I would recommend just uploading the entire contents of the html directory into your public_html folder. But yeah, you're on the right path.

psychicadvis

Do I need to create and xoops.html file to put the html file into???

psychicadvis

Ok I figured it out, I got the html under the public as html ,do i rename it to XOOPS or leave it alone?

psychicadvis

I renamed the html to XOOPS and when I ran the wizard i get this
Checking file and directory permissions..
Directory uploads/ is NOT writable.
Directory cache/ is NOT writable.
Directory templates_c/ is NOT writable.
File mainfile.php is NOT writable.

JMorris
  • 2005/2/19 1:31

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

I run Linux, so I'm not familiar with cuteFTP, so I cannot speak on how to change file permissions. The errors you are getting are because the files have not been chmod correctly. Those files/folders need to be chmod 777 (Read/Write/Execute for All). After installation, you need to set mainfile.php to chmod 644 (Read/Execute, Read, Read).

Many of the questions you have asked here have been answered extensively in the FAQ section of this site. In the interest of saving you some time, may I suggest you review the information there? The following link is highly recommended reading for anyone who is new to XOOPS:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/category.php?categoryid=13

Hope this helps.

Login

Who's Online

398 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 398

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits