hrmn8r
Accident - Deleted xoops_session, can I restore?
  • 2005/2/16 16:21

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/3 1

I have been having a problem being unable to login to my homepage and tried the fix found here.
However, when I went to empty the database I accidently 'dropped' it instead. *Bangs head on table* I know I am a moron, but is there anyway I can restore this database. At least before I was able to acces my administration section, now I can't even do that.

So, any way to restore a deleted zoops_session database in MySQL?

Thanks.
-H

tedsmith
Re: Accident - Deleted xoops_session, can I restore?
  • 2005/2/16 16:45

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Can you clarify.....

Have you deleted the xoops_session table or have you deleted the entire XOOPS database? Xoops_session is just a table, not a database.

Did you make a backup before you carried out the flush? If not, then naughty naughty you are!! I don't know know to help if you haven't, other then re-installing XOOPS on a test site, making a note of the tables values from that, then copying it to your live site using phpMyAdmin.

If you do have a backup, then in the case of you deleting the entire database then try just restoring your backup copy. In the case of just deleting the table, open your backup, copy all the values of the xoops_session table (using pen and paper) and then re-create it using phpMyAdmin or whatever database tool you like.

hrmn8r
  • 2005/2/16 16:52

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply, your posts about not being able to log in have been what I have been reading all morning.

Yeah, I am bad, I did not backup. It was the xoops_session table that I deleted, not the entire XOOPS database.

Having the parameters from a test site is a great idea but I have no site to speak of at this point. Would it be possible to steal the parameters from someone else on here who has a working table?

Again, thanks for your help.

hrmn8r
  • 2005/2/16 17:02

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

Actually, I just found the rebuild values online here.
I recreated the table but it has not affected my site. I am still unable to log in. At this point I can't reach my admin section.

Any ideas?

Mithrandir

CREATE TABLE session (

sess_id varchar(32NOT NULL default '',

sess_updated int(10unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

sess_ip varchar(15NOT NULL default '',

sess_data text NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY  (sess_id),

KEY updated (sess_updated)
TYPE=MyISAM;

Run this with phpMyAdmin or a similar tool (put the prefix_ in front of the session table name) and you should be up and running again.

hrmn8r
  • 2005/2/16 17:09

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

Tried that and the code from the link above and neither of them caused any change. I am still unable to log in. Any other ideas?

hrmn8r
  • 2005/2/16 17:14

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

Okay, when I changed the code to name the table 'xoops_session' instead of 'session' it worked somewhat. I am now able to login and access my admin section but only outside of the homepage. Any time I try to go to my homepage it still comes up with the login boxes. Any idea how I can fix it so I will be logged in on my homepage?

The problem might lay with my index.php file as I was trying to change some of the code when all of this started. Is it possible to rebuild a new index page?

Once again, many thinks.
-H

hrmn8r
  • 2005/2/16 17:15

• hrmn8r

• Just popping in

uh 'many thinks' = 'many thanks.'

*Puts on his 'goober' t-shirt*

Login

Who's Online

426 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 426

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits