vaajte
How to add a link to a custom block & other question?
  • 2005/2/13 21:34

• vaajte

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

I made a simple text custom block. I'd like to have a link in the menu. I just wonder how to refer to the custom block?

In block administration I put the block in center - center, invisible.

Do I have to make a module, or use some available modules to have this simple effect?

Other question concerns News module. Is it possible get news_index (beginning of the stories, not just list of the links) to top page right center block? I can of cource select News as top page in general preferences, but then I will lose all other top page blocks. I tryed to hack theme.html, but when I got Top page right, it showed same when News selected...

Just 5 days using xoops... be patient.

Tody1
Re: How to add a link to a custom block & other question?
  • 2005/2/13 22:18

• Tody1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 1

Hey ! If you wonna show more modules as top page (on your first page) you will have to use some hack (i reeeealy don't know the name)If you wont block you set show block on all pages in system-->blocks-->edit

carnuke
  • 2005/2/13 22:20

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

This FAQ on custom menus will tell you how to do this.

vaajte
  • 2005/2/14 16:59

• vaajte

• Just popping in

Well it does not fix the problem. Perhaps I was not enough precise, my poor English is the first reason, even poorer programming skills the second...

Your hint on FAQ is already tested. So I can get a new custom menu item. Problem is that this new page "newcontent.html" or what so ever opens a new window (actually goes "_top") and not into my centre "frame".

So what is the magic way to write a static page, save it into db and open it with custom menu item into centre "frame" using valid css?

cheers,
juke

carnuke
  • 2005/2/14 17:06

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Try this FAQ here

Make your page and save it, upload to your server and call the page with your custom menu link. It will now show the page within the XOOPS framework

vaajte
  • 2005/2/14 17:27

• vaajte

• Just popping in

Thanks carnuke! I got this working. So I made a file with these include("mainfile.php"); & include("header.php"); etc. Works ok!

Next question is, how to use a custom block same way? Maid in Block Administration. (reason for this is, that I have not so competent webmasters who really need easy way to update data ).

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits