Jakle
Accidently deleted my website
  • 2005/2/12 22:22

• Jakle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

Hi folks,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I erased my live website from my server. To make a long story short, my site is 2.5gigs because we have alot of media for members. I thought I was getting rid of a backup and emptied the recycle bin. My database is fine though.

I was wondering, how I can restore my site to as close to the original as I can, using the existing database? Is there some code I can alter?

I'd also like to just be able to plug the modules back in so they read the existing data in the database. I've read up alittle on making modules, and I remember there being some code that would create the databases. Would I be able to just comment that out for the install then uncomment it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dave_L
Re: Accidently deleted my website
  • 2005/2/12 22:30

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

If your database is intact, you don't want to run any install or upgrade scripts. Just restore the XOOPS core files, along with any extra modules/themes/languages you had. Make sure all the files are the same version that was originally there. If you had any hacks, you'll need to restore those. Check that the directory permissions are correct. Edit mainfile.php to specify the correct path, URL and database access parameters.

Jakle
Re: Accidently deleted my website
  • 2005/2/13 0:32

• Jakle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

Thank you very much. You have no idea how much time and worry you saved me.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits